Download problems

nicole2216

Disciple
since updateing to IE7, which i have moaned about twice with me problems, i now find i can not download any spyware, cleanup products or some emails. I click the link for download, a little box comes up in the top left of my screen which is empty and my main screen reverts back to the 'click the link' page. I am using aol at the moment because i seem to have lost all my IE details. theres no address in my right click option in internet options the properties never comes up and all my favorites have lost there links.

I am worried if i cant update my software my protection will sometime soon be invalid.

please help

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hmm maybe the spyware site requires activex controls to be allowed. Just try it once for that site and check.

Also have you tried on other browsers like Firefox.

Firefox - Rediscover the Web

Edit: it seems you might have messed up your IE install too, re-install IE too try out.

Doh!!!!!!!!! silly question time. how do i download IE??? I cant download ANYTHING from the net. not even through AOL.

think im beyond help, and as for my pc........................:sos:

is this anything like what you are facing when you try to download anything ?

MS KB said:
SYMPTOMS
When you attempt to download a file with Microsoft Internet Explorer, one of the following symptoms may occur:
• If you click a link to download a file, nothing happens.
• If you right-click the link, and then click Save Target As on the shortcut menu that appears, the Save As dialog box appears briefly and then disappears.

You not be able to download a file from the Internet.

Cannot Download with Internet Explorer

Thats exactly what happens Bottle. on aol i sometimes get a little box pop up on the top left of the screen but dissapears b4 i can read it. am i beyond help???? lol

ive got aol but i still cant download. the browser part (if thats what ya call IE isnt the problem) its the fact that i cant update my antivirus files or download any check up stuff from aol.

Many thanks for all the suggestions so far thou, much apprieciated xxxxxxxxxxxx

Do you have any download managers installed ? like flashget, getright or gozilla or something ?

Edit: Just to be sure, restart the computer in safe mode and try also.

@bottle, Dell and other manufacturers in the US don't give you a CD, you have to pay extra for it. Sometimes if you call them up and whine, they will send you one for free.

KingKrool said:
@bottle, Dell and other manufacturers in the US don't give you a CD, you have to pay extra for it. Sometimes if you call them up and whine, they will send you one for free.

err i got one with my dell last time .. i thought it was either that or a hidden partition on your hard drive

Back