Downloading youtube video in chrome??

Imrahn

Adept
Is there any extension available for Google Chrome that i can use to download youtube videos? Tried searching , but to no avail.....

Would prefer extension rather than a separate software...

Regards

Imrahn

Thanx all, had IDM since couple of years....had disabled it since it was crashing some earlier beta builds of chrome...re enabled it now and super fast downloads right at the click of a button.

Thanx again all :)

Nah, i meant IDM was crashing some beta build of Chrome, not the otherway around.It was like 'I start Chrome, it crashes to desktop', but now after couple iterations of Chrome has gone, seems it is fixed since its working flawless with IDM right now.

Google is the owner of both Chrome and youtube. It will never ever allow an extension in Chrome which allows users to download youtube videos.

baccilus said:
Google is the owner of both Chrome and youtube. It will never ever allow an extension in Chrome which allows users to download youtube videos.
True... i use Firefox to download videos using videodownloadhelper... Its a great extension... it supports a lot ov sites... Flashgot can also be used to download videos... :)

@OP

Want to download videos use firefox... :) For browsing Chrome :p This is what i do :D

RedBull said:
Nah, i meant IDM was crashing some beta build of Chrome, not the otherway around.It was like 'I start Chrome, it crashes to desktop', but now after couple iterations of Chrome has gone, seems it is fixed since its working flawless with IDM right now.
Oops, got that wrong !!!

use the extension youtube video downloaded, after that here is a link on the youtube video page using which you can download the video in multiple formats and resolutions as well as just download the soundtrack(.mp3)

baccilus said:
Right. They have even pulled down apps from android market which support youtube video downloading.

I hear the preference for an extension, but I prefer to use an FLV Download Manager. The cool thing is it is free and will let me then easily import the downloaded files into an FLV converter that will covert the files to lots of other video formats. Check out the links, they are the best I've found for this kind of stuff.

You can just search google and use any third party website which allows you to paste the youtube url and download it from the website itself

Back