Camera DSLR Warranty Queries

tkin

Adept
Hi guys, recently I had been hearing a lot of FUD about the warranty of Nikon and Canon cameras and lenses bought online. Even a few of my friends who buy everything online had bought cameras from stores and had paid extra. The shops told them the usual, that warranty will not be given by nikon/canon, that flipkart will handle them which I'm sure is a lie.

So can you help me with this? Is this true or not? I will buying a dslr by end of this year, so I need to be clear about it.

I think the best way to be certain is to mail the customer care of the relevant brands before buying. Make sure to cc the global mail id as well.

I think the best way to be certain is to mail the customer care of the relevant brands before buying. Make sure to cc the global mail id as well.
I'll do that, but I was looking for someone who had faced the dilemma and went ahead with the purchase.

What Sabby said is correct. Apple products are a classic case. On Apple's site, the only online seller authorized for iphone is infibeam.. the others are listed only for ipod and ipad including Flipkart.. yet you have other resellers selling Macbooks etc there claiming warranty will be handled by Apple India directly..

http://www.apple.com/in/buy/catalogresellers/

Personally... some amount of homework for high value purchases is a must before deciding to buy from online sellers.

I was in same dilemma and so i contacted FK Customer care. They transferred the call to higher authority and the higher authority transfrd to more higher authority and the more higher transferred to more more higher. Finally, they assured me that the warranty will be provided else its the responsibility of FK itself. They also told me that they have registered my call which can be used as a proof for future reference regarding my claim.

In my experience these kind of reassurances & calls have no meaning. When it comes to putting words to paper... everyone backs away. Verbal assurances mean NOTHING especially in India.

I'd rather pay a bit more for complete peace of mind than spend an obscene amount of man-hours later trying to get things in place & run from pillar to post

In my experience these kind of reassurances & calls have no meaning. When it comes to putting words to paper... everyone backs away. Verbal assurances mean NOTHING especially in India.

I'd rather pay a bit more for complete peace of mind than spend an obscene amount of man-hours later trying to get things in place & run from pillar to post
Agreed, specially applicable for high prices items like cameras.

Call the toll free number of the DSLR vendor and find out for yourself. It should not take more than 5 minutes to confirm it first hand for yourself.

Why this discrimination ? If you buy these stuff from online stores in US, you get full company warranty, But the same is not applicable in India ? Very funny

Why this discrimination ? If you buy these stuff from online stores in US, you get full company warranty, But the same is not applicable in India ? Very funny
I doubt whether a Brick and mortar store owner in USA drives a Mercedes. AT least in Kolkata most shop owners in Chandni Chowk area are crorepatis.

Guess this will work out better - http://www.ebay.in/itm/301324743236?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 , will wait for diwali coupons and then pull the trigger. BTW, i have mailed the seller regarding warranty, no reply yet
Dear estore0913,

Thank you for your reply, And sir regarding warranty, in today newspaper Nikon has mentioned e-commerce site are not authorized for selling Nikon products. So in case i buy camera from you, and after 1 year it needs repair / replacement, and Nikon refuses to entertain my warranty, what do I do then. Please reply

- chetancbe

Back