DTDC asking for GPU Bill

karamvirk47

Disciple
I am sending gpu to my friend
Used DTDC
Now today they called for pick up confirmation and are asking they also need gpu bill
I called CC and they are saying we don't ask for bill but if they are asking provide
should i cancel? is this fraud? or is it normal
the way I see it they will get gpu and also bill, so they become owner of gpu

NO, the bill is not needed at all. It may or may not be a fraud but why take chances and I don't like courier guys inquiring two much about the content of my package. Also DTDC only asks for a bill if you are insuring the parcel. Cancel it and use Bluedart or Delhivery. You can go the office of Delhivery and get the parcel sealed in front of you. They have a outside poly bag secure packaging.

Bluedart was very expensive 900rs for ground courier
DTDC was 525 for air and 550 for ground. 500 for insurance.
Delhivery was cheaper but only insuring 50% of gpu value.
What should I do?
Outright cancel the courier?
or let pick up guy come and hand over only if he doesn't ask for any bill? Cancel if he asks for bill
Won't blame anyone just hoping for an advice

I am sending gpu to my friend
Used DTDC
Now today they called for pick up confirmation and are asking they also need gpu bill
I called CC and they are saying we don't ask for bill but if they are asking provide
should i cancel? is this fraud? or is it normal
the way I see it they will get gpu and also bill, so they become owner of gpu
Ignore them. Better walk to their store and ship else opt for other couriers.

What should I do?
Outright cancel the courier?
or let pick up guy come and hand over only if he doesn't ask for any bill? Cancel if he asks for bill
Won't blame anyone just hoping for an advice
Just say you can't find the bill and see what happens. If he insists, cancel and drop it off for shipping at one of their offices yourself.

NO, the bill is not needed at all. It may or may not be a fraud but why take chances and I don't like courier guys inquiring two much about the content of my package. Also DTDC only asks for a bill if you are insuring the parcel. Cancel it and use Bluedart or Delhivery. You can go the office of Delhivery and get the parcel sealed in front of you. They have a outside poly bag secure packaging.
It wasn't courier guy who called, Call came from their local Chandigarh office to ask if I will be available for pick up
(Pick up is scheduled from my home)
So if its a fraud there are at least 2 people in on it.

Never in my life has anyone asked for a bill. They ask the value of electronics and ask me to declare a much lower amount in general or get insurance for the whole amount. But never have to prove it with a bill.

If they insist, then best not ship from there. Something's up.

my courier is insured, I paid 500rs for it
so it is normal?
Yes its normal . go ahead
They take the bill to declare the value in case the item is lost . If they dont take the bill then something is fishy .

I have insured many items and traded here via DTDC , no issues
Every time they have asked for bill

If not insured then they will not ask

Back