Dual Active Phone under 10k

meet6600

Adept
[font=arial, sans-serif]Hi,[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Need suggestion for a smartphone with Dual SIM Dual Active if possible GSM+GSM with WiFi, 3G and good Battery Backup. Did some searching and could find only Dual Active as GSM+CDMA so any way or any workaround to get Dual SIM Dual Active GSM+GSM Phone with Smartphone OS and good Connectivity Features??[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks and Regards,[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Questions:-[/font]

1. Q: Budget?

[font=arial, sans-serif]A: Any[/font]

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

3. Q: Preferred display type?

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

[font=arial, sans-serif]A: None Using Nokia Asha 200 but very restrictive.[/font]

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

[font=arial, sans-serif]A: Basic Cam with or without Flash[/font]

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

[font=arial, sans-serif]A: Android[/font]

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

[font=arial, sans-serif]A: 3G, WiFi[/font]

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

[font=arial, sans-serif]A: None[/font]

Saw some phones like LG Dual Net Optimus but reviews are not encouraging and SAMSUNG DUOS Galaxy Y seems nice and single SIM version has some good reviews. However do post if I am missing something.

i guess you can easily go for samsung galaxy y duos or duos pro, the pro one having qwerty with touch screen (touch and type) would perfectly fir all your requirement very easily. i don't know if they are available in india as of now or not.

you can also lookout for motorola milestone xt800 as it has Dual Standby SIM (GSM + CDMA), but for 15k around and doesn't have a good processor for a android os.

hope it helps

I don't think you'll find any dual active androids within 10k .

Dual stand-by's yes, but none of them are great. The Spice mi 350n and micromax a75 don't have the best battery life, and support is questionable.

The samsung galaxy y's have terrible screen resolutions, and the the lg p698 has a small screen and only vga video recording.

The samsung galaxy y's have low-resolution screens which kill the android experience. Can you imagine surfing the net comfortably on a 320*240 pixel display?

Of these I'd choose the spice mi-350n if I was being risky. It's got the same internals as the micromax a75, but a larger battery. However it's not as good looking as the micromax and has a smaller screen. But it's 1k cheaper.

If I was playing safe I'd get the lg.

None of the phones are worth buying in my opinion. The lg's screen is too small (3.2"), and the camera outdated. The spice and micromaxs battery will struggle to give you a days life. The samsung's have screen's that'll kill the android experience.

The only dual sim android that seems decent is the samsung galaxy ace, but that's cdma+gsm.

@theruler bro read some reviews on flipkart for lg not encouraging and right now I guess no point but wait and see if Samsung Galaxy Y DUOS has something to offer or not! I liked even the Samsung Galaxy Pro DUOS since it is much better equipped than my Asha 200. Spent 4k on this (200) but it's too dumb!
<
Even on this handset I have made some amends in call setting to ensure Both my SIM's are active but when I saw the news of Sammy's Latest Dual SIM with Android it made me think just how an OS would change the whole experience so I decided to get one. Now I guess I would wait a bit for Samsung's new devices and check reviews on flipkart or TE and see what to do.
<

thanks a lot friends!! I know TE is the place to make decisions easier!!
<
<
<
<

Back