Monitors Dual monitor setup with different resolutions

Hi

Can i have a dual monitor setup with the following combination (Any technical hitch?)

Viewsonic VX2235WM-1680X1050

Benq G2420HD-1920x1080

Output from 4870 512MB Graphic card
Also as my card has all 3 options of DVI/ HDMI/VGA, which cables should i use for best result

Thanks for advising

Yes you can have that setup without any hitch, you will have to connect one monitor with the dvi cable and the other through the vga to dvi connector or the hdmi.

both of these combos will work.

Technically, there wont be any issues. However, from a usability point of view, it will be a pain in the rear with differing resolutions... If your monitor has a decent scaler, you could try scaling the G2420 down to 1680*1050/1600*900 to try and match the viewsonic.

I would suggest using DVI + HDMI, simply because, digital trumps analog.

stalker said:
Technically, there wont be any issues. However, from a usability point of view, it will be a pain in the rear with differing resolutions... If your monitor has a decent scaler, you could try scaling the G2420 down to 1680*1050/1600*900 to try and match the viewsonic.

I would suggest using DVI + HDMI, simply because, digital trumps analog.

Yeah I completely forgot that different resolutions will cause a strain on the eyes in adjusting.

Let me rethink if there is any sense in going for the full HD monitor if I am going to use it at 1680X1050 only

Better to buy a 1680X1050 monitor in that case

I dont think using 2 different monitors with different resolutions has any kind of ill effect! I am saying this from experience since I am working on a similar setup for a few years now at my work place (first monitor is 1920x1080 & second monitor is 1280x1024)

wirelessraj said:
I dont think using 2 different monitors with different resolutions has any kind of ill effect! I am saying this from experience since I am working on a similar setup for a few years now at my work place (first monitor is 1920x1080 & second monitor is 1280x1024)

Getting confused.

My broker has a dual monitor setup but has the same size & resolution on both his monitors so cannot verify it there.

Now 2 opposite views on the subject..Hmmm

Back