WTB Dual Power adapter for Vantec HDD Dock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HailStonE

Skilled
I've a Vantec HDD dock (Model NST-S100SU) which uses a 6Pin Dual Voltage Power adapter - Type A, to supply power to the dock. The power connector looks like a PS2 port/plug...

If anybody has an old non working dock but a working power brick can contact me... Also this kind of power adapter was used in earlier 3.5" external HDD case as well so it might work provided the specifications match..

Here is a link to get an idea...

http://www.cubeternet.com/servlet/Detail?no=37

I would suggest to open the dock and get a standard molex plug to replace the adapter.

Anyways - you should get a replacment at most of the flea markets near your computer streets - Lamington Road/Nehru Place etc.

thats a 7pin s-video config, imo

you can get one made or use a s video cable for reference?

Its a six pin one... As per image on the power adapter & on the link posted...

I would suggest to open the dock and get a standard molex plug to replace the adapter.

Anyways - you should get a replacment at most of the flea markets near your computer streets - Lamington Road/Nehru Place etc.

That's my only resort but I don't want to open the dock... yet...

I suppose this should be available at Nehru place since such adapters are usually used in older 3.5" HDD enclosures.. A new one would be expensive for such an old dock hence trying to get a used one from here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back