Budget 15-20K Dual-Sim phone, crisp display, good battery life, gorilla glass a bonus!

Hi guys,

I am looking to replace my Blackberry 9700 and a Nokia 302 (both qwerty phones) with a dual-sim phone touch phone. I have used touch screen phones in the past (HTC Desire, Motorola Droid 3 which was touch and type), but typing texts and emails is important to me, so I want a phone which is good for typing. The world is going touch, and so am I.

My priorities are
  • Dual Sim
  • Crisp Display
  • Good battery life
  • Gorilla glass (if possible)

1. Budget?
A: 15 to 20k
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: IPS?.
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: I hear the Nokia window phones have issues, so I want to avoid that if possible.
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android/Windows
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G plus good WiFi
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Mails, Internet, very occasional music/videos, camera only for emergencies.
10. Any other requirements?
A: Dual sim needed. Good battery life. Good crisp display. Good built quality for the price.
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Lenovo P780, Micromax Canvas 4, Canvas Doodle. (btw, how are these Micromax phones? Are they durable?)

Last edited:
The Lenovo P780 seems to be a good bet. Battery life is amazing on that device.

No idea how good Lenovo is on service but it can't be worse than Micromax.

Would advise you to stay away from Micromax at this price range. They are OK for 5k - 10k phones but at this price level I would recommend you avoid them.

Guys, I had a look at the 5" phones we are talking about here, and I feel they are a bit too large for me. I think I want to look at 4" and 4.5" models as well (One-handed operation). Any suggestions? Do any of the 4.5" or 4" models come with Gorilla/scratch-resistant glass?

The P780 , is it dual active sim? Which is a good phone with dual active sims?

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I finally ordered the P780 8gb version

I took a look at some of the handsets on Youtube and reviews and finally some of them at the shops.
Reasons for going for the phone.
  • Solid business-looking phone (no offence to Samsung users, but the Galaxy Grands, Quattros, S3, looked like plastic toys in front of this one)
  • Long battery life
  • 5" screen (Android being a touch-screen driven OS, larger the better).

Do let us know later how you use the phone daily and how is the battery life. Not the first few days as at that time you may be playing with the device a lot so expect faster battery drain but in few days you will settle with the phone and then give us exact impressions.

Thanks guys, I finally ordered the P780 8gb version

I took a look at some of the handsets on Youtube and reviews and finally some of them at the shops.
Reasons for going for the phone.
  • Solid business-looking phone (no offence to Samsung users, but the Galaxy Grands, Quattros, S3, looked like plastic toys in front of this one)
  • Long battery life
  • 5" screen (Android being a touch-screen driven OS, larger the better).
Did you order it from Flipkart? or from somewhere else?

Was considering the P780 but when I checked it out at a store, the device felt just too big for my hands.
Maybe will buy the Sony Xperia L since it has a 4.3" screen and has good specs.

Did you order it from Flipkart? or from somewhere else?

Was considering the P780 but when I checked it out at a store, the device felt just too big for my hands.
Maybe will buy the Sony Xperia L since it has a 4.3" screen and has good specs.

Flipkart bud. I tried it at the local eZone store first. It is big yes, but feels quite good in the hands. Solid built quality as well. But it seems there is going to be some delay in delivery, as per the waiting period.

Also, the Xperia L is a single sim phone. But you must know that already. I needed a dual sim phone.

Early impressions

Will comment on the battery later, but I can tell you this much. Those of you who are on Wi-Fi a lot, you just NEED this phone.

I noticed I don't get any notification after finishing the call, sending an SMS, regarding balance and such. Being Googling about it. Seems to be an issue in some of these Lenovo phones. Wonder if there is a setting that can be turned on.

Guys, I will elaborate on usage and battery consumption in a few days, but I will say yes, 3g and Wifi, both drain the battery, 3g more than wifi, I think, but when you use the phone, you feel the battery is not drained much at all!! Unlike other phones. It is quite amazing.

Have not found the service message in settings yet....

Back