Dual Sim phone for 10K (max upto 15K) - (Business phone?)

Hello all,

I plan to buy my dad a cellphone for his birthday tomorrow (I might end up buying the phone only during the weekend!)
Please suggest a good dual Sim phone as he had one official number and one personal number:

1. Q: Budget?
A: 10K (Can stretch to 15K)

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: No preference. QWERTY is a BIG plus

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: No preference

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: None

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: QWERTY preferred. Touchscreen not mandatory

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: No preference

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Any

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: Any

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: E-Mails, besides making phone calls

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Dual Sim is a BIG must

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: None

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Forgot to add... I don't mind going for a Korean/Chinese phone if its worth it... As in, I won't shy away lesser known brands..

alcatel 806 dual sim. Alcatel OT-806 - Full phone specifications

of all the dual sim qwertys feature phones, this is the best. i've seen as many alcatels and ztes as nokias and samsungs in europe recently, so this is an ok brand. with touchscreen and qwerty, the price of 4.5k is brilliant.

other mentions: samsung chat 322, 355 Samsung Ch@t 335 - Full phone specifications (3.5, 5k respectively)

motorola ex115, ex119 (the latter debuted in flipkart for 6k i think)

How is the dual-sim feature of the phone... that is of utmost importance to me (well, my dad)... is it like some of the Nokia phones where only one sim is functioning at a time or is it that both SIMs are online all the time?

Thanks @sasa110 and @abracadabra for your views...

I finally ended up ordering the Motorola Ex119 from Flipkart... Even though there were hardly any reviews on the internet, the specs seemed to almost perfectly fit the bill and I went ahead with the risk... Of course, I always found Motorola phones to be very sturdy and resilient.. IMHO :)

Once my dad gets around to using it a bit, I will maybe play around with it one day and post a review soon!

Cool_dude_Prav said:
How is the dual-sim feature of the phone... that is of utmost importance to me (well, my dad)... is it like some of the Nokia phones where only one sim is functioning at a time or is it that both SIMs are online all the time?

cooldude, you can easily manipulate every dual sim phone (yes, even the nokias you mentioned) to achieve pseudo dual active functionality (ie, calls made to the phone should not get to hear "out of coverage area" but instead hear the busy tone.)

just put on call forwarding feature on both sims to each other. check for my posts on this thread to get an idea or search the web. A cab driver taught me this trick and its brilliant :D.

congrats on the purchase. do try to post the EX119 review!

Back