Budget 10-15K Dual sim phone with good camera (a must)

1. Budget?
A: 10-12k
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: Any
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Anything which serves my purpose except micromax.
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: This is my main requirement. Need a phone with good camera capabilities
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android/Windows
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G will do. Need dual sim phone
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: I need dual sim support, camera, little bit of whatsapp, some fitness app (my fitnesspal), music sometimes (in decreasing order of priority)
10. Any other requirements?
A: Would like to have notification light.
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Redmi 2s (gsmarena praises its imaging capabilities), was considering 640 xl but then the price is too high, meizu m1 note is strong contender, zenphone 2, Lenovo 7000 (camera quality ??)

I can wait for a month. But would not like to stretch the budget. Maybe I can consider buying other phones via ebay which have seller warranty.(maybe)

Please suggest guys.

Last edited:
In that budget opt for a phone with 2gb ram. What about the redmi note 4g? Has a decent 13mp shooter for that price bracket.
Else wait and see if xiaomi launches the 2gb version of redmi 2 or meizu its note in the next month.

I am looking forward to 2 gb / 16 gb (ROM) version of redmi 2 and meizu note.

I checked lenovo a 7000 and it looks good to me but only issue is that it does not have gorilla glass protection (GG becoming a basic necessity nowadays, how could lenovo miss out on this)

I don't know why but I have aversion for micromax phones so no yureka. (adding this to main post)

though a7000 is good but few shortcomings make it not the best choice it has 8gb rom not 16 gb though ram is 2gb,
camera quality is not good and as you said no gorilla glass.If you ok with these then go ahead but personally i would like to see 16gb+2gb ram
yu yureka is still better choice for the same price.

Your requirement seems to be spot-on. Under 10-12k, you can get quite a few good options with good camera quality(as that’s your main requirement). Xiaomi, Asus do have good phones under that bracket. But recently, my friend told me about this new phone from Huawei, Honor 4x. He purchased it from Flipkart at INR 10,499. This is 4G dual-sim phone. Even I used that device and boy, you should definitely try this one out!! Honor 4X comes with a 5.5 inch 720p HD screen and runs of Android KitKat 4.4 coupled with their own Emotion UI 3.0 on top which offers a more intuitive, simple, clear and stylish design and a good user experience. The phone is equipped with a 13MP rear camera and 5MP Front camera and is backed by a 3000mAh battery which lasts for approximately 72 hours. Another added advantage is that the phone supports 150Mbps super-fast connection of 4G network and is 30 times faster than the speed in 3G network. Other than this, the phone is laden with of 12 high-precision gravity sensor, Bluetooth 4.0, light sensor, proximity sensor, compass, FM radio and WiFi Direct Connect making one of the most suitable choice for a budget smartphone.

At this price point and features, I think you can surely experiment with this product(take my word, you won’t be disappointed) J

Sorry to ask but did you copy paste this thing ?? Also it seems you are social media marketing manager for Huawei. :p
I am looking forward to first hand experience of this phone. All the info provided by you is already available on Flipkart.

--------------

So finally have decided to wait for zenfone 2. If the price for the lowest model falls in the range of 10-12k then I will buy it else it is gonna be honor 4x.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Last edited:
You said that "a good camera" is a criteria...
I would like to advise you to read the zenfone review at gsmarena and look at the sample pics before deciding...
Build wise both phones look solid at the price point...

You said that "a good camera" is a criteria...
I would like to advise you to read the zenfone review at gsmarena and look at the sample pics before deciding...
Build wise both phones look solid at the price point...

Yep that is my main reason for choosing Mi 4i. The camera is supposed to be better than the Asus'. However A.S.S of xiaomi is questionable.
Anyone out there with first hand experience of xiaomi A.S.S ?

Mi 4i would have been a perfect device for the price but they ruined it by not providing external card slot,you will have to keep removing and installing which will be a headache in long run.If they would have also launched 32gb version it would have been better.
Anyways so at present i think best is to go with zenfone2 and if dual sim is not a must then redmi note 4g is also a good buy.
Avoid lenovo a7000 lots of complaints about camera and heating issue etc.instead A6000+ is a better device with 16gb rom and 2gb ram.

Back