Dual-WAN Load Balancing Router: Suggestions Required..

vinaycm

Adept
As the title suggests, looking forward to buying a new Dual-WAN Load Balancing Router for my office. Currently we are using a D-Link DI1705B for connecting a 8Mbps Reliance & 4Mbps Tata Dedicated Lines. But the current model has a lot of issues like:
* Not able to combine the 8Mbps & 4Mbps connections bandwidth. Either the 8Mbps line's bandwidth or the other. Incase one line goes down, it may/may not switch to the other line.
* Stability: Facing a lot of random issues with the router stability.
* Most of the QoS settings pages are in chineese!!

So the requirements for the new router are:
* Should be able to combine the bandwidth of both the 8Mbps & 4Mbps lines (the users should be getting combined 12Mbps bandwidth).
* Should be stable.
* Should have a facility for bandwidth monitoring (to see which system/s in the LAN is hogging the bandwidth).

Total number of client systems in the LAN is around 50 or less.

Budget can be upto 10K.

One of the models I've shortlisted is the TL-R480T+ - Welcome to TP-LINKTP-Link TL-480+.

Please let me know your suggestions onto any better alternatives..

You cannot configure ML PPP if the two links are terminated on different ISPs or different routers on ISP side. ML PPP requires that involved links are terminated in the same pair of devices because it requires appropriate configuration.
However @axeman said connectify does combine into 1 fat pipe. it could be possible.
Sure fail over would work with any Load balancing router. but aggregating into 1 fat pipe i am yet to see such configuration on cisco devices. TP Link is not ideal choice when you are considering to connect 50 clients on lan side. because of RAM is only 64 MB. they haven't specified processor clock speed as well. imagine 50 clients natting. you will need guaranteed NAT throughput to achieve smooth connectivity.
and anyone have done such config on any xyz router please post all the details.

Last edited by a moderator:
You cannot configure ML PPP if the two links are terminated on different ISPs or different routers on ISP side. ML PPP requires that involved links are terminated in the same pair of devices because it requires appropriate configuration.
However axeman said connectify does combine into 1 fat pipe. it could be possible.
Sure fail over would work with any Load balancing router. but aggregating into 1 fat pipe i am yet to see such configuration on cisco devices. TP Link is not ideal choice when you are considering to connect 50 clients on lan side. because of RAM is only 64 MB. they haven't specified processor clock speed as well. imagine 50 clients natting. you will need guaranteed NAT throughput to achieve smooth connectivity.
and anyone have done such config on any xyz router please post all the details.

So which router would you suggest?

Back