Budget 10-15K Durable Mid end Phone

greenhorn

Patron
1. Budget?
A: 10~13K

2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Preferred display type?
A: 3.7" to 4.3" TFT/AMOLED

4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Samsung, Motorola, HTC, Sony (No LG, MMX, karbonn etc)

5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5 or more MP camera. Flash.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Any other requirements?
A: 4.3" is the absolute maximum size my sister will accept, 3.7 is the minimum I will settle for giving her. Want something durable ( She generally doesn't take good care of her stuff). Decent battery life. No lag

11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Atrix 2, Galaxy S advance.

These are the shortlisted phones. I think a dual core with at least 512MB (ideally more) is what i need. I plan to buy one of these so that I'll have it by next week.The atrix is considered because I already have one, and I see them going for around the same price, and am very satisfied with them, plus i have a full set of acessories for them which I would be able to share with her. The pantech burst was also considered, but ruled out because of the higher lead times and service/warranty aspect. I am open to buying used,

Please let me know if there is something I should consider.

Wait for HTC Desire 600. Should launch in a few weeks I guess, HTC has said early June as the tentative release date. It is basically a stripped down version of HTC One.

If you are open to used phones then look at GNex as it will fall in your budget. There are some good deals floating around here for almost brand new phone.

Else S Advance is the default choice.

Back