Storage Solutions DVD Writer

tryst

Disciple
Hi,

I am planning for a pc upgrade and would like to go for a SATA DVD writer drive to go with it.Please suggest the best in terms of writing speed and read capabilities.

Thanks

Well u can go for LG,personally i have never liked LG,but then few suggested me to go for a LG DVD-RW n i bought this 5-6 months bak n its working fine,recently there recent DVD-RW models have been gud..dont go for Samsung or Sony...few of my cousins n frnz hav serious prblms with doz brand!!

well i had no probs with sony dvd rw 18x for bout a year now.

it may not be a performance king but it sure is best if u think bout

1. heating issues

2. noise(jet engine sounds)

get LG drive.its the quitest among all and is reliable will last you longer. LG seems now concentrating on quality. my H55N is working great.

Samsung SH203B(also the cheapest at 1200 or lower maybe. :p), Sony AWG170S, LiteOn 20A1S (iirc), LG H55/62N, ...
Nothing is 'great' but all work ok AFAIK. :)

SH 203B may be difficult to find, you will find sh203d. Appears to be a good drive. SH203B as been rated the best drive by cdfreaks and is regarded very highly currently. LG 20x SATA, don't remember the model name is also good. Take your pick, both drives are excellent though I would veer towards the Samsung.

Back