E- Shop

Ragin_Ice

Adept
Hey there guys , me and another 3 friends of mine from US are planning to open an E-Shop here at Tech-Enclave and other Indian forums .The products will be sourced from US . Initially we are sourcing a few popular products . The pricing will be more than the US prices since we are running a business and have to make profit , so please no flaming about that .Since warranty will be a major issue here , we have come up wid this idea ...
1) All products shipped will be tested before shipping .
2) If in future need arises to replace/repair the product within the US offered warranty , a fee of 25% of the cost price of the product ( at the time of purchase ) plus the shipping cost of couriering it back to the owner ( the owner will have to ship it to mumbai for exchange ) will be charged and a exchange period of 2 months to ship it back to the owner after replacing the product . It it very obvious that products not locally available will be brought in .Any suggestions besides the pricing are most welcome . The pricing and exchange structure are suggested after a lot of thought , and it will be rigid .
There will be a counter for the product quantity to be met which will be updated regularly .Once the required quantity is fullfilled , the product will be delivered to the purchaser within '30 days ' of the counter becoming ' zero' To make an order 10% of the product price will have to deposited in advance to my ICICI bank account . No DD's will be accepted.
For example the counter for BFG 6600 OC AGP is 10 , once 10 people have finished ordering by payin 10% in advance , and the counter becomes 'zero' on say ' 5th may ' , the buyer will get the product by 5th june else the money will be refunded .

Here are the products :

1) DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard ( counter : 10 nos )
Price : 7500/-

2) OCZ EL Platinum DFI nF4 Special 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 625 (PC 5000) Dual Channel Kit System Memory
(counter :5 nos )
Price : 15,000

3) DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard ( counter : 5 nos )
Price : 11,500

4)BFG OC 6600 GT PCIE (counter : 20 Nos )
11,500/-

5)BFG OC 6600 GT AGP ( counter : 20 nos )
12,000/-

6)Sapphire 9800 pro 128 MB 256 bit AGP : ( counter : 20 nos )
7000/-

7)Corsair 1 GB value kit ( 512x2) 400 Mhz 2.5-3-3-7 : (counter : 25 nos )
4500/-

8 ) BBA x800xl 256 MB PCIe : ( counter : 15 nos )
15,500/-
All prices without shipping , shipping price will be specific to the buyer location.

Have specifically chosen products which dont have a reputation of going bust , and some of them offer great value , all in all i wanna offer the tech enthusiasts of India the oppourtunity to have access to what each kid can have anywhere in the world with competitive pricing . The vendors cannot offer such competitive pricing since therez no assurance of demand . Hence by concieving this idea , both parties can gain . The key here is buyer - seller interaction since every business is driven by demand and supply , i would very much appreciate you people to ask for products not listed besides suggestions as well as criticism is very much wellcome . thanks in advance and i hope u guys support this .

1 suggestion. Scrap the products which are available here.

Also about warranty issue. It will be better if you simply charge the customer the cost of shipping to US and back and cost of shipping from mumbai to user location.
Its a risky business but you will get buyers specially something like memory and DFI motherboards for sure.

If you plan to do this on a bigger scale it will be better if you contact the respective companies directly. I can assure you they take this seriously. I contacted Gskill and Geil people some time ago regarding their products in India and they said that they will be more than happy to offer a dealership if someone is ready to deal with them. This way you will be able to offer proper warranty too.
Think about this.

@ funky , something on ur lines is underway , thanks for the suggestion , highly appreciated :hap2:

about the warranty shipping , its all about providing the customer with the promised service , so by taking responsibility i will have to ensure that the replaced goods have to shipped back in 2 months no matter what . But this system can change .....it all depends on how things come along . Its all upto u guys , more demand --> more relaxed rules .
EDIT : spoke to my partners about funky's idea . In some time we will come up with this idea : To have a fixed shipping back value for each product category for warranty claim , but as of now this turns out to be very expensive since the primary concern is customer service , so with the kind of response things will surely change .

A very good idea IMO.. here are a few things i need you to be clear about.

Ragin_Ice said:
2) If in future need arises to replace/repair the product within the US offered warranty , a fee of 25% of the cost price of the product ( at the time of purchase ) plus the shipping cost of couriering it back to the owner ( the owner will have to ship it to mumbai for exchange ) will be charged and a exchange period of 2 months to ship it back to the owner after replacing the product . It it very obvious that products not locally available will be brought in.

So, suppose for the DFI board that u r selling at Rs.7500.00, if need be the cost of getting it replaced from US wud be 25% of 7500 which is Rs.1875.00 plus local shipping charges between Mumbai and the place the buyer is from, right?

Ragin_Ice said:
For example the counter for BFG 6600 OC AGP is 10 , once 10 people have finished ordering by payin 10% in advance , and the counter becomes 'zero' on say ' 5th may ' , the buyer will get the product by 5th june else the money will be refunded .

So the counter starts rolling from the time u get the orders (10% advance) amount from all the 10 buyers. Here's my suggestion. Why not put a time limit for the counter too ;)

Lemme explain. Suppose one person makes the 10% payment for the card today. It wud be good if u put a time limit, of say one month, for the counter too. If u dont get 10 orders within a month, then perhaps if the buyer is not willing to wait U shud refund the money. This way a buyer will have to wait for a maximum of 2 months since he makes the deposit. One month for the counter to get to zero, and another month for him to get the product from the day the counter becomes zero.

thats great Ragin, atleast some one is taking the initiative..

well, why only hardware components, why not modding stuff, LED fans, CCFls and Heatsinks?

coz just 2 days back, i was goin to order 2 xp 90 and sme more stuff, if u can arrange it, lemme know howmuch it wud cost :)

I agree with Funky incase of warranty issues charge only the shipping fee, and a nominal additional fee. Also for additional revenues you can help ppl who have not bought the products from you but wanna get them replaced in warranty, in this case charge 25% CP + shipping charge, you can work out the warranty issues before hand.

Rave said:

well, why only hardware components, why not modding stuff, LED fans, CCFls and Heatsinks?

coz just 2 days back, i was goin to order 2 xp 90 and sme more stuff, if u can arrange it, lemme know howmuch it wud cost :)

Yup thumbs up to this suggestion :clap: :clap:

Btw know ur just starting....but can u add sme more rams which r kindda low at price.... :ashamed:
well wud take tht OCZ but no money....so sme geil or gskill wub be preffered..

Aces170 said:
I agree with Funky incase of warranty issues charge only the shipping fee, and a nominal additional fee.

I had sent my gfx card to be replaced by newegg. A freind carried it to US and another is bringing it here. So, I saved on shipping right? actually, No. The shipping cost for my friend to send it to US plus the shipping cost for newegg to ship is back to my another friend came to $25! thats shipping within US alone!! thats around Rs.1100/- Now add to that shipping charges to US and back.. And if u choose something like FedEx, shipping to US and back alone might cost as much as 6k..

just my 2 cents..

TheMask said:
I had sent my gfx card to be replaced by newegg. A freind carried it to US and another is bringing it here. So, I saved on shipping right? actually, No. The shipping cost for my friend to send it to US plus the shipping cost for newegg to ship is back to my another friend came to $25! thats shipping within US alone!! thats around Rs.1100/- Now add to that shipping charges to US and back.. And if u choose something like FedEx, shipping to US and back alone might cost as much as 6k..

just my 2 cents..
Hmmm k bout tht am not so sure but thts cuz u asked ur frnd to brng it....
whereas here Ice will b sending it directly there rite??
nd also as he's having a counter as such mayb he mite have it on also like per month sending back stuff if faulty , MAYb.....so tht some stuff will be sent togethr...so shipping costs will be somewht reduced but yea bout 4k wud be sure...
Not so sure here ....mayb ice can provide more info on howz he gonna handle the shipping nd stuff

hey i am interested in 1 gb single stick. Any idea how much it will cost?

my system has 3 slots and 1 is filled up with 512mb want to get a 1gb single stick

just my 2 cents..

How long did you wait for the card ? Also Masky in most reputed companies ie MSI, BFG, Gigabyte if the card is faulty the return shipping is done by the company itself. Atleast that was the case earlier with my MSI card, and saver shipping charge is around 5$. So that comes upto 230 Rs odd, but that is the case if you have someone going to the States frequently, many ppl dont have that luxury in that case the only option is to wait with a faulty card and maybe even the warranty may run out. As a last case option if I can replace my 10k card paying 4-5k I may think about it.. Again it differs from individual to individual..

Rave said:

Thanks Rave , i would love to get u your stuff , but it should be in a specific quantity , since the overheads are a lot and am trying to keep the cost as low as possible it wudnt be feasible to get individual stuff since its not being sourced through an individual but through the manufacturer's themselves . But u can still put up whatever you want and if it generates substantial quantity, will get it in the ordering line . ;) . Guys please understand that am planning to do it on a large scale and the initial overheads are a lot , as stated earlier with movement of orders more options will be introduced . Nevertheless u can name the products and start its own counter . We can give that a seperate status :). Thanks for all the idea's .

Aces170 said:
I agree with Funky incase of warranty issues charge only the shipping fee, and a nominal additional fee. Also for additional revenues you can help ppl who have not bought the products from you but wanna get them replaced in warranty, in this case charge 25% CP + shipping charge, you can work out the warranty issues before hand.

Aces the thing here is that since i am known here to u guys u can trust me , but for other buyers a level of trust has to be developed only then e-business can gather pace . So i have to provide the promised service . For example if the product to be replaced is taking undue time delay , i will have to purchase a new product at my expense and ship it to the customer , just to keep my word and keep the customer inclined. I am not calculating profit in terms of replacements , its jus an added service since it plays a very important part in making a purchase . But as stated earlier , rules will constantly change according to the then existing scenario . Thanks for ur input :)

rockyme2002 said:
Btw know ur just starting....but can u add sme more rams which r kindda low at price....
Sure rocky , jus name the stuff u want and add a counter to it , anything with more than 15 pieces should most likely make it to the ordering line .

Eg . u need something specific like BFG 6600 GT OC AGP ,

u go like , Counter for BFG 6600 GT OC AGP , current status : 6 , required status 15 .This feature will require a lot of refinements , guys please let the idea's pour in .thanks . :)

Rave said:

Thanks Rave , i would love to get u your stuff , but it should be in a specific quantity , since the overheads are a lot and am trying to keep the cost as low as possible it wudnt be feasible to get individual stuff since its not being sourced through an individual but through the manufacturer's themselves . But u can still put up whatever you want and if it generates substantial quantity, will get it in the ordering line . ;) . Guys please understand that am planning to do it on a large scale and the initial overheads are a lot , as stated earlier with movement of orders more options will be introduced . Nevertheless u can name the products and start its own counter . We can give that a seperate status :). Thanks for all the idea's .

Aces170 said:

Aces the thing here is that since i am known here to u guys u can trust me , but for other buyers a level of trust has to be developed only then e-business can gather pace . So i have to provide the promised service . For example if the product to be replaced is taking undue time delay , i will have to purchase a new product at my expense and ship it to the customer , just to keep my word and keep the customer inclined. I am not calculating profit in terms of replacements , its jus an added service since it plays a very important part in making a purchase . But as stated earlier , rules will constantly change according to the then existing scenario . Thanks for ur input :)

rockyme2002 said:
Btw know ur just starting....but can u add sme more rams which r kindda low at price....
Sure rocky , jus name the stuff u want and add a counter to it , anything with more than 15 pieces should most likely make it to the ordering line .

Eg . u need something specific like BFG 6600 GT OC AGP ,

u go like , Counter for BFG 6600 GT OC AGP , current status : 6 , required status : 15 . Will need more refinements on this front , please let the idea's pour in .

Aces170 said:
How long did you wait for the card?

The card conked out it September.. I had sent it in December.. The card is arriving in May end.. ;) so, to save the costs I had to wait for 8 months.. MX440 rules :eek:hyeah:

Aces170 said:
Also Masky in most reputed companies ie MSI, BFG, Gigabyte if the card is faulty the return shipping is done by the company itself. Atleast that was the case earlier with my MSI card, and saver shipping charge is around 5$. So that comes upto 230 Rs odd,

Newegg does that too. My friend who carried my card to US had to bear about $5 to ship it to newegg and Newegg shipped it free of cost to the original buyer. Another friend who will be bringing my card here was in a hurry, so i had to opt for exress shipping so that the card cud be shipped to him in a day. $20 :)

Aces170 said:
.. if I can replace my 10k card paying 4-5k I may think about it..

Thats exactly my point.. hence i made that previous post. Here for a 10k product u wud be paying about 2.6k in the rare case u need to replace it under warranty. that is a little bit of a risk, but then again the stuff that costs 13k here is available for 10k there. Also for a little bit of risk, u get the uber, exclusive stuff.. thats my point.. :D

update : warranty shipping back policy revised .

Mobo : 1500 /-

Gcard : 1250 /-

Memory : 1000 /-

shipping back from mumbai to customer destination , extra .

thats very nice. Seems fair pricing for warranty.
By the way ragin, i know you must have thought of this but here goes.

Well you dont need to put the counter for 1 single product.
People will order multiple things. So you can put the limit for yourself like once i receive orders for say 15K or 20K i will go ahead with ordering from us. So its profitable for you as you can get all stuff shipped at the same time from US.

So when are you gona start this? If you are starting right away you have a order from me regarding mobo :) My friend wants DFI NF4 but the person who is bringing me mine can only bring 1. I have your account details. So i can transfer the 10% deposit anytime.
So let us know ok?

funkymonkey said:
Well you dont need to put the counter for 1 single product.

People will order multiple things. So you can put the limit for yourself like once i receive orders for say 15K or 20K i will go ahead with ordering from us. So its profitable for you as you can get all stuff shipped at the same time from US.

Not sure if he's 'Club Order'ing different quantities like we all discussed there. I think he's ordering from the manufacturers directly.. hence he wants bulk orders for one single product.

Yea, ragin, i got ur point, but if u can tell the approx cost of the asme?
ex: say, 10 ppl are buying xp 90, so, inorder to start the counter i shud state the price right? thats what am asking, what price shud i state for it to start a counter?

here are some products that i want to start the counter thing, lemme know what price shud i keep for it..

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/thxpforforin.html

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/logrlinethli.html

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/vacsreduvslk.html

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/vacsreduvslk.html

some of few on the list :)

lemme know..

@ Rave the procedure is like this : The listed product manufacturers have been contacted by my frs @ their US office , giving us an introductory offer to introduce their products in our country and hence ship lesser quantities ( they ship in thousands at a time ) . ---> after that a cost analysis is done and then the price is conveyed to me . So u know it takes a lot of time , but still u can gather people as of now by word and abt the pricing, i assure it will be very competitive , but lemme warn u it will take time (will have to goto thermaltake in ur case ;) ) .Let me inform you that the product manufacturers not in India are more than willing to help under business viability , they are very surprised to know that their products have a very big fan base. As u know its taking form in front of u guys . Right now the primary concern is where to host this concept . I will need a name too , so u guys can suggest ;). After it is open to public it will generate a lot of pace and we can then move things really fast . This idea is in front of u guys as more of a suggestion than a business proposition since we all belong to one community i,e TE ;) and as enthusiasts we can refine and shape it accordingly .

@funky , am plannin on bulks from a manufacturer , so as of now multiple orders for single items is not possible , but if it is a part of the ongoing products it sure can happen :D

Back