E-y-e O-p-e-n-e-r

Vij

Skilled
How can one ignore the importance of color calibration if available at the price I got it for...3220 all incl..One time purchase...

Got it from Katmandude aka Tarun Verma...

235128.jpg

Tried it on my Asus A8JP and it made a big difference in colors...

Calibration in this crappy lappy screen cant be to the level of LCDs as there are not too many manual options available on the lappy, but the difference was still very noticeable...

A8JP laptop screen before calibration:

235132.jpg

A8JP laptop screen after calibration:

235130.jpg

All pics shot with N70ME cam...The before/after photos are shot stright of the lappy screen with the N70ME cam and certainly dont do justice...

If you cant find much difference then blame it on your badly calibrated monotor although you should still see some difference...Also these r the compressed pics...

Will post a review with my Dell 2407 and 940BW soon...

If you guys can point out on some benchmarks that I should run with this, it would help my upcoming review...

the sec pic is out of focus as i shot it frm the screen n im nt gud at t......but the colors stack up much more naturally after calibration....without a cyan cast or washed out look....

trust me rave, the after pics on the monitor looks much more balanced n better...theres a switch option nd on screen its so much better....not a contest even...

Rave said:
Is it just me who finds the before calibration pic better??

agree with you..... it became more 'redish' :S

@vij, QUESTION: is it need to be done everytime or once few months/weeks or once a life time ?

iosoft said:
agree with you..... it became more 'redish' :S

@vij, QUESTION: is it need to be done everytime or once few months/weeks or once a life time ?

the first pic is washed out...

justt just focus on colors as I shot it off screen wth a mobile..btw this is my lappy screen...

How can you guys even miss the unnatural tinge in the first pic on the glass bowl...

every month is a good time...

Hmm pics dont do justice....dont hv a proper cam...But for now all I can say is the calibrated colors look very natural and cooler....and theres this test pc with few babies and the skin tone looks more like skin after calibration...

How to calculate Delta E...Guess its a built in benchmark feature of calorimeters...

Anyways, will write up a review with Spyder and Dell 2407...

Does anyone know how Delta E is measured...

Want to calc Delta E before and after calibrating The Dell 2407 and 940bw...

Well here's what behardware uses -
For color fidelity we use the LaCie Blue Eye Pro colorimeter, based on the Gretag tool and coupled with the new LaCie software suite. More evolved than the previous version, this helps us to compare a monitor’s display quality (color spectrum and DeltaE) in standard settings and after calibration. Results are sometimes surprising as it’s often best to take the time to manually adjust colors (or at least contrast, brightness and color temperature).

@ Rave

i guess we are used to spruced up color tones :p

even i find the before pic more vibrant

(not coz the after pic is out of focus, just like the colr tones better in the before pic :ashamed: )

Well, I have checked few photos and the after pics skin tone def looks more natural, for me its a no contest looking straight at the Lappys monitor...The skin tone had a pale cyan touch on human skin before calibration and now they look natural...Its quite a change actually...

Btw looks like I cant calc Delta E with Spyder 2 Express...Are there any subjective benchmarks I can run...

Will try it with proper LCDs this time and use a better cam...

It may be a good idea if a bunch of people go in for such a product and share usage as it's utility is limited to a one time calibration in maybe a month.

But still, good to know that such a product exists. It does take the guess work out of calibration.

I just opened the front can and there was this rubbery patch thats given for support that seems a bit melted and deformed..removed it and slapped the calorimeter stright on and calibrated my 2407....The difference is noticeable and good..though have to say that the 2407 is decently calibrated at default...still the difference is noticeable...

Also calibrating the laptop(has atrocious colors at default) with classic mode theme returns slightly offbeat results..

Overall with LCD monitors the difference is particularly significant...

I have taken some pics...will write a mini review tonight...

Spyder Express is a good solution...especially with TN LCD monitors...

imo colors is a totally subjective matter... its all down to each nd everyones p.o.v cant blame vij if he thinks tht de 3.2k he's plonked on de spyder are worth it... similarly... cant blame de others who think otherwise :)

Back