CPU/Mobo E4400 r Amd X2 4800+????

tech_guy27

Disciple
i need help deciding which one to buy???:huh: :huh:
AMD X2 4800+ 2.5Ghz r E4400????
XFX 650i r jetway 690g???
wat about Jetway 966PDAG-PB???how much does it cost??...its seems very impressive....for intel....plz advice asap...

Intel C2D E2xxx/E4xxx don't support hardware virtualization. I recommend AMD with nVIDIA onboard gfx, if you run Linux/Solaris/BSD. Otherwise, you may opt for AMD 690G boards.

AMD 4800+ 690G << for stability

E4400+650i<<< overclocking

if u get the E4400 u can overclock it pretty easily atleast take it to 2.8ghz with a decent heatsink and a good 80mm fan.

the guy was reffering to overclocking instability issues....yes amd wud b a good choice...but all this still depends on the price factor.

cricfan said:
the guy was reffering to overclocking instability issues....yes amd wud b a good choice...but all this still depends on the price factor.

If the system is not stable after overclock then you dont call it a successful overclock and you dont run the pc at those settings. Overclocking is not about having a good performance and 0% stability. When we overclock its about maximum performance with 100% stability.

Anyways back to the topic...for performance and value for money its C2D which rules now but ofcourse you need to overclock for the extra performance and VFM.

To concise this jargon, Both proccys are good in their league. Amd is energy efficient while intel is good for overclock. If you just want out of the box performance and not at all interested to play with bios settings, then amd all the way. Never heard of amd being more stable then intel or vice versa.

to overclock with stability..he needs good Mobo..good mobo for intel costs about 1.5k min more than amd mobo..and intel's onboard video card performance is bad compared to 690g..or in many case good intel mobo lacks onbard video..

the guy is price consious...so i feel amd is a good option..

Ero-Sannin said:
by stability i ment u leave everything at stock dont even think of overclocking

sorry if u guys misunderstood it

hey,
lets just simply put it this way....
i m gettin XFX 8600gt 256mb....along wit this config...
so if i wanna OC,i shd take intel....n plz suggest a mobo for around 5k(max) ....
otherwise amd with 690g holds gud:huh:

tech_guy27 said:
hey,
lets just simply put it this way....
i m gettin XFX 8600gt 256mb....along wit this config...
so if i wanna OC,i shd take intel....n plz suggest a mobo for around 5k(max) ....
otherwise amd with 690g holds gud:huh:

r shall i post my complete rig for about 42k...???i mean im gonna use it for gaming of course.....u guys can help me decide which one to take???

Back