CPU/Mobo E8400 or Q8400 or Phenom II, Which one for a gaming pc?

jig.saw

Disciple
Hello guys...
I am building a gaming pc. I need to buy a good processor within Rs.10,000. Should I go for Intel E8400 or for quad core solution??
If quad core then which one....Q8400 or AMD Phenom II...??

Also please suggest a good motherboard to go with the processor.

Go for Phenom II.

There has been seen no much benefit with the fourth core as far as gaming is concerned. As game developers are yet to built games to utilize the fourth core.

I would suggest AMD Phenom II X3 720BE

Asus M4A78T Deluxe motherboard.

2x2GB DDR3 memory.

DevinWolf said:
total bs. you can oc a 940 to past 4ghz easy too.

Charts, benchmarks 2009 Desktop CPU Charts, 3DMark Vantage 1.0.2

Charts, benchmarks 2009 Desktop CPU Charts, 3DMark Vantage 1.0.2 GPU

Crysis CPU Benchmarks - HardwareCanucks Charts
Unreal Tournament 3 CPU Benchmarks - HardwareCanucks Charts
Half-Life 2: Episode 2 CPU Benchmarks - HardwareCanucks Charts

some benches at default clocks...overall 940be would win hands down...but there a price difference between both proccies and also 4ghz aint easy on a 940be(usually hovers around 3.8) as on an e8400 almost all does 4ghz. E0 does well above 4ghz too..

DevinWolf said:
total bs. you can oc a 940 to past 4ghz easy too.

Thats some rude way of not agreeing to a statement :|

If you know something why not put it across in a better way rather than insulting someone like that?

When will i5 come in the market..??

I am not going to overclock by myself...so please tell accordingly...
Does X3 mean 3 cores??
how many cores will i5 have??
If I buy i5 just after its launch, wouldnt it be too early and risky??
:S
...and just in case, if I have to go for intel then which one...e8400 or q8400 or any thing else...
keep in mind I am building a gaming pc..

X3 Means 3 Cores.

Can you wait for i5's?|I don't have much of an idea , i guess 4 months to hit INDIA. They are Quad cores . One thing that you will see is that the price of current C2Q prices will drop. Don't wait for i5's.E8500 is 2 cores and Phenom II 955 is a quad. Definitely 955 has the capability to run equal to a 8500, even faster when multitasking.

Yup, E8400 is gr8 for gaming. But its bit expensive considering its overall performance, when X3 720 is available for almost 1k less.

Its better than X3 720 for almost all games as of now. But when games utilizing multithreads begins to launch, maybe things cud change.

^^x3 720 wont do 4.2-4.4ghz...and e8400 is 1333fsb thats the biggest advantage...and increase in clocks would yield better results.

Back