ear phones for SE W810

RKitect

Disciple
I have been using W810 for 1.5 years. Great phone. but wish the earphones would have been better. earphones HPM 70 have been replaced twice in the 1 year warranty. And now the warranty period is over dont want to buy the same as they dont last for more than 3-4 months. The new ones cost around Rs 550 and have only 6 months warranty. And it takes them 1 month to replace if anything goes wrong. Kindly suggest some good alternatives.

Thanks

are you referring to the entire handsfree unit or only the earbuds?

I have been using the w810i for 2 years now with the HPM-70 , i have issues with the connector at the base of the phone, but otherwise no issues.

Creative EP630 is the Value for Money earphone available easily in India. Get one for around 800 Rs. you wont regret.

referring to the entire handsfree unit. will have to check if the connector is gone bad or the earbuds. do i have to use anything other earphones only with SE connector or can i have a combination of some other connector and creative ear phones

rahulkamath79 said:
referring to the entire handsfree unit. will have to check if the connector is gone bad or the earbuds. do i have to use anything other earphones only with SE connector or can i have a combination of some other connector and creative ear phones

the problem with the sony handsfree is usually the connector, not the earphones.

You can use any earphones that you like as the HPM-70 has a 3.5" jack.

So you can try using the creatives or any other ear/headphones with the handsfree unit to test if you have a problem with the connector or the original earphones.

unfortunately your options are only to change the handsfree.

you could just buy another HPM-70 or you can look for another SE handsfree unit that you like.

The connector is very fragile and over time you are likely to end up with loose contacts between the base of the phone and the connector :(

Try cleaning the metal contacts on the base of the phone, might help too!

rahulkamath79 said:
ok. that means i have to spend Rs 550 every 6 months to buy a new HPM 70
:cursing:

how do you carry it ? gets bent so jaldi then maybe a holster kinda thing to carry the mobile

n...waise the orginal hpm 70 isnt being produced has been replaced by the hpm 75 which looks similar . and neither is it so cheap. MRP for hpm 70 used to be abt 1300 bucks and hpm 75 is 1500 bucks.

Are you sure that it the original which you have got ? lot of fake sell as original. and some are pretty good and very hard to spot

Back