Camera Ebay camera dealer fraud.....Help!!!

Hi guys, my friend had bought a digicam Sony DSC950 from ebay. I had suggested to get that camera from ebay. The dealer was kk_camerazone and the deal went smooth and positive feedback was given. The problem started after 10-12 days. The camera would just get stuck when we clicked a pic. We reported that to dealer and he asked us to send back the camera he'll check it & replace if required. We did as he asked .The dealer confirmed that there is some manufacturing defect on the camera.He told he'll require a week or so. This happened long back in april.
Since then we have tried callling him so many times and dealer initially who was asking for time now simply cuts the call after hearing my frnd's name. Its almost 6months and still no signs of camera. We tried contacting ebay and had series of talk with them. They told they'll try to contact seller and also told us to get in personal touch with the dealer.But the problem is that I'm currently in hyderabad n my frnd is in chandigarh and dealer is Ghatkopar,Mumbai. So getting in personal touch with him is not possible. We told that to ebay and they suggested to contact fraund investigation team so that they can help us out since dealer is not responding. Its over 10days since i sent a mail to their investigation team but I haven't got a reply or anything . Please suggest what should I do??

PS: dealer is having almost 1500 +ve feedback on ebay.....

If required i'll post all mails that i sent to ebay and response i got from them.....Please help me on this guys...We had invested more than 7k on this cam.(Also it would be a great help if any1 could possibly go and get the cam from dealer...I'll pay all shipping and transportation charges)

rohan30186 said:
Hi guys, my friend had bought a digicam Sony DSC950 from ebay. I had suggested to get that camera from ebay. The dealer was kk_camerazone and the deal went smooth and positive feedback was given. The problem started after 10-12 days. The camera would just get stuck when we clicked a pic. We reported that to dealer and he asked us to send back the camera he'll check it & replace if required. We did as he asked .The dealer confirmed that there is some manufacturing defect on the camera.He told he'll require a week or so. This happened long back in april.
Since then we have tried callling him so many times and dealer initially who was asking for time now simply cuts the call after hearing my frnd's name. Its almost 6months and still no signs of camera. We tried contacting ebay and had series of talk with them. They told they'll try to contact seller and also told us to get in personal touch with the dealer.But the problem is that I'm currently in hyderabad n my frnd is in chandigarh and dealer is Ghatkopar,Mumbai. So getting in personal touch with him is not possible. We told that to ebay and they suggested to contact fraund investigation team so that they can help us out since dealer is not responding. Its over 10days since i sent a mail to their investigation team but I haven't got a reply or anything . Please suggest what should I do??

PS: dealer is having almost 1500 +ve feedback on ebay.....

If required i'll post all mails that i sent to ebay and response i got from them.....Please help me on this guys...We had invested more than 7k on this cam.(Also it would be a great help if any1 could possibly go and get the cam from dealer...I'll pay all shipping and transportation charges)

Those guys called @dealers@ are non reliable. I have been ranting abt how bad the system abt leaving stupid feedbacks in ebay is.
just lodge a complaint with consumer fourum + damages + intrest + extra for causing emotional taruma.:eek:hyeah:

April went back long ago mate. Lodge a complaint. How dare the guy cuts call:mad: I would have travelled to his place bunking my exams to have my hands on his throat.:mad::mad:

That's the really sad part about making purchases on eBay. Most of the items sold with dealer warranty are not replaced or repaired properly should the user face any problems. The rating system is based on the experience of the sale and not the after sales service or support. This is how dealers like kk_camerazone get such high ratings.

eBay has no system in place to enusre that dealers honor their commitments to the user and the item at the time of sale.

This sort of an incident probably happens a lot more than we realise. Very few of us actually use a platform like TE to seek help or inform others.

Considering the sheer number of purchases we make (TE Members), I think we would have a very strong voice if we collectively start a thread asking eBay to install the appropriate safety mesures insulating users from unscrupulous dealers like kk_camerazone.

Another point is that most +ve feedback is related to timely delivery / transaction of the item etc. For every seller, there should be perhaps a seperate section which lists feedback related to vendor's response to warranty claims. This will probably help buyers to guage after sales support & identify "sell it, forget it" type sellers.

tusharch said:
Another point is that most +ve feedback is related to timely delivery / transaction of the item etc. For every seller, there should be perhaps a seperate section which lists feedback related to vendor's response to warranty claims. This will probably help buyers to guage after sales support & identify "sell it, forget it" type sellers.

+1 ^^^ i agree, there should be an additional section like 'commitment to warranty' , where a buyer who has given a feedback for sale can provide his feedback on warranty commitment.

rahulmig said:
Hey i stay at ghatkopar,Mumbai...Tell me the name of Dealer..

Hi Rahul, I just checked the address its kurla not ghatkopar...here are the details of the dealer...

Mahavir computers:
586/16, lokhandwala bldg , station road, kurla , Mumbai -400070

tel no: 26500129 , 9773503949

email id:kk_camerazone@gmail.com

My frnd's name whom he knows by now: Prinshu Agrawal
Camera: Sony DSC 950 (black)

Ebay id from which purchase is made : tripta-kishore_2009

..>Anyone try calling him up and tell him its prinshu agrawal's frnd or brother...he'll most probabaly cut the call......

If anyone could go n check his place out it will b of gr8 help!!! I'll forward the mail he had sent her back as acknowledgement of receiving the camera.....

You should have filed a consumer court case against the moron after 1 or 2 months time itself, unless he said otherwise.

This is why buying things with dealer warranty, which is most in ebay, risky.

hope you get things sorted out. but still 6 weeks.

Hi

Open a dispute in ebay and when and if it fails , go for paisa pay protection claim. I have seen nearly all claims are settled thru the dispute action. All the best.

m-jeri said:
You should have filed a consumer court case against the moron after 1 or 2 months time itself, unless he said otherwise.

This is why buying things with dealer warranty, which is most in ebay, risky.

hope you get things sorted out. but still 6 weeks.

Hi,can u tell me the process to file a complaint and its requirement. Its really difficult for us to find time during weekdays and i guess no court is open during weekends...But before that I would surely like to go and talk to the dealer about the camera...or atleast would ask some1 to do so...

Ebay has a fraud investigation team..but havent got any reply from them...So m nt sure what to do!

But i suppose anyone here who stays near the address can go to that shop and in somehow help the OP, it would be great.
May be tell that shop keeper to be ready for a court notice and all :p

rohan30186 said:
Hi Rahul, I just checked the address its kurla not ghatkopar...here are the details of the dealer...

Mahavir computers:
586/16, lokhandwala bldg , station road, kurla , Mumbai -400070

tel no: 26500129 , 9773503949

email id:kk_camerazone@gmail.com

My frnd's name whom he knows by now: Prinshu Agrawal
Camera: Sony DSC 950 (black)

Ebay id from which purchase is made : tripta-kishore_2009

..>Anyone try calling him up and tell him its prinshu agrawal's frnd or brother...he'll most probabaly cut the call......

If anyone could go n check his place out it will b of gr8 help!!! I'll forward the mail he had sent her back as acknowledgement of receiving the camera.....
KURLA PPL re Jholers

While on this topic, i have this query

For products with dealer warranty for whatever period, if the seller closes shop on ebay within that period and product goes defective in that time, is it as good as gone

Does eBay have any protection measure for such cases

Spectre said:
While on this topic, i have this query

For products with dealer warranty for whatever period, if the seller closes shop on ebay within that period and product goes defective in that time, is it as good as gone

Does eBay have any protection measure for such cases

none watso ever.

any product with dealer warranty is a grey market stuff and there it is always upto the dealer if he wants to honor it or not.

you can certainly take it up with ebay if a dealer is not responding to warranty issues, but ebay does nt have much power to do anything. the money for you transaction is already with the dealer.

bitsandpieces said:
none watso ever.

any product with dealer warranty is a grey market stuff and there it is always upto the dealer if he wants to honor it or not.

you can certainly take it up with ebay if a dealer is not responding to warranty issues, but ebay does nt have much power to do anything. the money for you transaction is already with the dealer.

So what do u suggest what should I do??consumer court?? or should mail to ebay again...but I would still see if some1 could help me out by visitng the dealer's shop....I'll b going to mumbai in october for diwali I guess will have to wait till then if I couldn't find any1 who would visit kurla.....

rohan30186 said:
So what do u suggest what should I do??consumer court?? or should mail to ebay again...but I would still see if some1 could help me out by visitng the dealer's shop....I'll b going to mumbai in october for diwali I guess will have to wait till then if I couldn't find any1 who would visit kurla.....

well, he has not returned the camera, so you are defintely take it up with ebay. the dealer is not exactly unknown and should care for actions which ebay might take.

if you think of approaching consumer court please try to get all the proofs first. the bill, the delivery receipt, email/mail where you informed him of the problem, his acknowledgment. voice call recording are not always permissible, but would be nice if you have them.

then try ebay once more. try to escalate it to the floor supervisors and try to see there response. if this doesn't work, then try the consumer courts.

consumer courts sound very easy way out for any dispute, but to get anything done there take a lot of documentation and effort. if you dont have proper bill with VAT no and stuff, you will have to argue endlessly to just prove that you were the buyer of the product.

though many times, more than the courts themselves, the threat of approaching consumer court is a whole lot more effective. so use that

Back