Ebay Global easy buy

buyer protection is there in this plan. but to be honest, this is a very restrictive deal for everyone. as buyers we cannot leave feedback for any international sellers. the shipping + customs charges are too high.

in fact, they'll need to make this aspect of buying from abroad, the "shipping and customs" costs, very transparent.

also, we will be (again) restricted to PaisaPay. it is a very good initiative no doubt, but why not Paypal? this is like they are trying to close the e-commerce sector from the rest of the world. "our way, or the highway" comes to mind.

I buy mostly stuff from ebay.com and find dealers who are located in HK.

Most of them provide free or very cheap shipping...its just the way you search.

and paypal works sexily !

This is good initiative from Ebay. With time, hopefully they will add more features. If only, they could keep shipping and handling reasonable. Nevertheless a good start!

coolraghav said:

Most of the good deals on Laptops / Apple products are offered by US based sellers only

What about custom duty? Do we need to pay anything for that?

coolraghav said:

trigger said:
What about custom duty? Do we need to pay anything for that?

From the faqs-

Do I have to pay additional towards customs duties, import taxes etc?

No. When buying the item you make a single payment which covers all customs duties and applicable taxes.

I got this through my email and its exciting enough to be shared here. E-bay yesterday launched a new kind of service through them, its called Easy Global Buy which mean now we can buy many products from US

which are generally not available in Indian Market. That's not all, prices are mentioned in INR and it also includes S&H(Shipping and Handling) which include International Shipping, Custom Charges n all i.e Doorstep Delivery

from US. ;)

More Details Here Easy Global Buy

Someone had started a thread on this in the General Talk Section. Looks like a good initiative from eBay. If anyone used this service, please update the experience. How does it compare to our own TE dealers like KMD and Fizzmall?

dennis_nail said:
Someone had started a thread on this in the General Talk Section. Looks like a good initiative from eBay. If anyone used this service, please update the experience. How does it compare to our own TE dealers like KMD and Fizzmall?

I have seen laptop section, no price difference, I feel they are not listing all the products, only india price comparative products which is waste when coming to warranty claim.

^ yeah, i have also checked few other products and shipping is almost half or more than half of the product price...and for few products, they are charging the US local shipping also.
finally, the prices are pretty high.

Back