Ebay.in's non-existent customer care

pauldmps

Skilled
So I ordered a case for Moto G only to receive a broken one. I contacted the seller who didn't respond. So I opened a claim and they called me and offered a 110% coupon in lieu of the broken case. I accepted the offer.
However, even after 10 days they haven't mailed the coupon yet.
So I decided to contact them. They have 3 ways to contact the customer care:

1. E-mail: The e-mail us link opens to a blank page with no option to send any e-mail.
2. Chat: Chat works only Monday to Friday from 10:00am to 6:00pm. So I can't use that too this weekend.
3. Phone: I am on hold for about 10mins as I am typing. Even when they claim its 24x7, I called yesterday evening and the automated reply was to call during 10:00am to 6:00pm.
Update: They disconnected the call after keeping me at hold for about 15mins.

Last edited:
A couple of months ago, I was given the same offer. This is what their mail mentioned :
You will receive a coupon of 110% of Item value. It will be sent to your registered email address, and you can expect to receive it within 7-10 business days
It took around 2 weeks to receive it - which was exactly 10 business days in my case - so its best to be patient.

A couple of months ago, I was given the same offer. This is what their mail mentioned :

It took around 2 weeks to receive it - which was exactly 10 business days in my case - so its best to be patient.
I was offered the coupon on 11th November. So it has already been 10 working days + 1 Sunday

Also, I opened this thread to discuss ebay's CC which is impossible to reach.

I have been waiting since October 23rd for my return shipping charges in form of eBay coupon, they said 10 working days and I have escalated it twice via chat.. fingers crossed

I was offered the coupon on 11th November. So it has already been 10 working days + 1 Sunday
Only the days from Monday to Friday are considered business working days. Relax and wait for the coupon :)

how does this 110% coupon work ? :S
It's more like a gift voucher. When buying an item, you key in the coupon code in the same way you use discount coupons, and the voucher amount gets deducted from whatever you're buying.
Edit: Just checked my coupon, and there was a link to more detailed instructions here : http://pages.ebay.in/help/pay/gift-vouchers.html

Last edited:
I have been waiting since October 23rd for my return shipping charges in form of eBay coupon, they said 10 working days and I have escalated it twice via chat.. fingers crossed
I have been Waiting for my return shipping charge coupon since september 2013 :-/. Everytime i contact them they apologise and promise me that they will send it in 7-10 business days

In India, business days are Monday-Saturday
Course it is. Mon to Fri is eBay's homemade rule, maybe they have that bloody rule in their origin country, but here they should stop with that sod.

A coupon in favour of me was processed on 11th November and till now there's no update! Even if I count all the Sundays and Saturdays in between this period, it's already over 10 days. If I receive the coupon tomorrow it will still be 11 days. LOL. eBay, scammiest online place of the world.

I received my shipping fee refund coupon after almost 2 months
And that too after repeated chase ups
They do not reply to email. It is only after i made a phone call that they escalated they matter and resolved the issue

This repeated chase ups aren't working for me!

I paid their selling fee 6 days ago, yet the same is not being reflected in my account ! I've called them about the same 3 times , sent them an email and chatted with them once too, yet no result! It's just a matter of 200 rupees, still it's baffling! I have already provided them with the Transaction ID and other Bank related details, and they keep telling me it'll be updated within 48 hours, but well. I guess their days go by 72 hours instead of 24!

Cheap buggers!

I am completely amused by the policies of ebay!
Ordered Xiaomi original screenguard for my Redmi 1s as it was out-of-stock at Flipkart. The listing was removed by ebay because it mentioned "Same as Flipkart" after the seller shipped the item. Now, their system is not allowing the seller to upload tracking details & has initiated a refund on me.
I do not want to cheat the seller for Rs. 130/-. I called the customer care & they are unable to cancel the refund as their system shows that the item has not been shipped. They are not ready to understand the situation & will go ahead with the refund.
I think I'll have to do a bank transfer after I receive the item.

Back