PC Peripherals Economy Printer with good print quality

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi,

I m having a HP D2568 printer since last 4.4 years. I use it generally for Black & White/Monochrome prints only. Roughly in a year I print approx 250 pages. This one takes 818b cartridge, which says approx 200 pages as yield. I assume it to last only for 140-150 pages but in reality it lasts approx 90-100 pages only. Pages, which I print, all are generally text only. Hence ink costs for me in a year are approx Rs.1200-1250 as this cartridge costs ~Rs.480-500

I m in search of some basic good printer for which ink costs are not more than Rs.400-500/year for my type of usage. My budget is approx 2-2.5K.

Alternatively how good is refilling a cartridge ? I have never refilled any cartridge in 4.4 years. If results, in terms of print quality, are not much different then I m ok with it too.

No difference in ink quality with refilled ink cartridge. I refill my printer's ink cartridge myself with a syringe. Works quite well. One 100ml bottle will last a few years I guess.

No difference in ink quality with refilled ink cartridge. I refill my printer's ink cartridge myself with a syringe. Works quite well. One 100ml bottle will last a few years I guess.

That's cool. Any specific ink or syringe to buy, in terms of brand ? I guess Google-ing how to refill would throw plenty of guides.

If u take it to a local shop they may charge some 80 to 100 bucks for refilling .....this is what I do for my hp officejet all in one

That's cool. Any specific ink or syringe to buy, in terms of brand ? I guess Google-ing how to refill would throw plenty of guides.
Buy any 5ml disposable syringe from medical store.
For inks get any good brand. Get pigment based ink for refill. Its easier to wash off hands and from syringe too. So you can keep reusing the same syringe to refill.
Max amount that can be filled in a normal cartridge is around 10ml I think.

I got some VMS brand inks for all 4 colors from some army guy. Don't remember his eBay id. I think I got all 4 in 600 or so, and that was 2 yrs back. Still have half bottle of black and almost 3/4th of rest. Ink has expired a month or two back according to label but it still works properly.

Found listing of VMS ink here. However have asked seller if he can sell 1 bottle only. Pricing for 2 Black bottles is Rs.540+shipping. For all 4 colors pricing is approx 950 bucks.

@6pack Do I need to get printer head cleaning solution ?

Are water based dye ink same as pigment ink or do i need so specifically look for pigment inks for refilling epson cartridges?

Again bumping my old thread,

My printer D2568 died on me as its power port stopped working. I tried to open it to see what is the issue but can not open it properly and right now its in half assembled/disassembled state.

I m thinking to buy new printer but which provides print quality better than this one at same time economical on ink part. Based on this I thought of HP Ink Advantage series printers. I want to know how is the quality of prints ? My usage earlier was limited to 250 pages a year around but with easy refilling possible, in last 2.5 months I have printed approx 300 pages already all with text. I guess my yearly usage will go till ~800 pages.

I haven't tried printing without the colour cartridge in place, but even if the colour cartridge is empty/dry, I've not had issues printing b&w text.

Back