Edit and sync same pdf document on Mac and windows

Hi,
I have an interactive rich pdf planner document, that I want to enter data and use it on my Mac and windows OS in the same laptop on a daily basis.
Every pdf editor costs 50-100$ approx / year to use it and free pdf readers don't allow to edit and save the document , let alone sync it across 2 OS.
Is there any other alternative out there that I'm not seeing? I have only used PDFs to read so far. Why are they so expensive?

Thanks for looking.

I had to edit a PDF for an insurance claim the other day and discovered that even the most basic of functions are behind a paywall.
There are some online sites that do basic stuff for free if you upload the pdf, only viable if there are no privacy concerns.
Pulled out the old pirate hat and got my work done.

tried to open the doc in google drive using google docs and the document looked really weird and unusable as supposed to opening in a proper pdf software like adobe.
Right now I have the document uploaded on my google drive but searching for a pdf software to edit it and save it in the drive.
Still can't find anything
I had to edit a PDF for an insurance claim the other day and discovered that even the most basic of functions are behind a paywall.
There are some online sites that do basic stuff for free if you upload the pdf, only viable if there are no privacy concerns.
Pulled out the old pirate hat and got my work done.
yeah. I checked that option too and I don't want to upload it every time I edit.
My document is basically an interactive day planner for the whole year where I can enter stuff like time , action , goals etc.

Hi,
I have an interactive rich pdf planner document, that I want to enter data and use it on my Mac and windows OS in the same laptop on a daily basis.
Every pdf editor costs 50-100$ approx / year to use it and free pdf readers don't allow to edit and save the document , let alone sync it across 2 OS.
Is there any other alternative out there that I'm not seeing? I have only used PDFs to read so far. Why are they so expensive?

Thanks for looking.

why do you need to edit it across 2 OS on same laptop ?

the document is in pdf format that's why
Have you tried using a PDF converter. I used one long time back and it was able to convert the PDF I had very easily to a doc file. You will have to google and try a few of them as I don't remember the one I used. I probably used Foxit PDF converter. They have a 14 day free trial that you can try as well.

Have you tried using a PDF converter. I used one long time back and it was able to convert the PDF I had very easily to a doc file. You will have to google and try a few of them as I don't remember the one I used. I probably used Foxit PDF converter. They have a 14 day free trial that you can try as well.
tried it and the document looks cluttered and all mixed. Document has lot of check boxes , tables and columns which were all missing or out of alignment when converted.

I didn't mean upload it to Google Drive. I meant to ask, do you need to simultaneously edit it from 2 places at once, with all edits showing up instantly whereever the doc is open? Or do you need to edit it from OS1, save, close, then open from OS2 and edit again from the local copy?

You could also look into what add-ons are available in the Google Workspace marketplace: gsuite.google.com/u/0/marketplace

I didn't mean upload it to Google Drive. I meant to ask, do you need to simultaneously edit it from 2 places at once, with all edits showing up instantly whereever the doc is open? Or do you need to edit it from OS1, save, close, then open from OS2 and edit again from the local copy?

You could also look into what add-ons are available in the Google Workspace marketplace: gsuite.google.com/u/0/marketplace
In my daily use I use windows like 5-6hrs and Mac OS 2-3hrs , not both open at same time. So when I enter data in one OS and when I switch to the next , I want to continue from where I left off.
This is what I'm looking for .
Thanks .

Back