Egg boiler

Controversial more like. Goes back and forth. Yolks are good for you. No! They're not!

.. And so on

If you consume six or more a day, probably not
Rachael Harris Popcorn GIF by Lucifer

The yolk is a fantastic source of vitamins and protein. However, too much of anything is bad.

1-2 eggs every day (ideally 1) is absolutely fine. Blood Cholesterol is not significantly affected by eggs, as long as you're sane with the amount you eat.

I'm guessing yours defaults to hard and anything else requires manual interventio
It cuts off automatically after the water dries. So to get softer boiled eggs, just need to reduce the water.

Funny thing with boiled eggs is older is better. A week sat in the fridge hard boils better than fresh. Usually doesn't crack and peels easier
It can be however old, but needs to be brought to room temperature before being put to boil, otherwise chances of it breaking are higher, at least in my experience.

It can be however old, but needs to be brought to room temperature before being put to boil, otherwise chances of it breaking are higher, at least in my experience.
In the fridge it's around 4 degrees. Room temperature is twenty above that.

When you put it in water and boil the temperature slowly rises.

Why would it matter if starting temperature was 4 or room temperature when the boiling temperature is more then three times higher?

The reason older has less chance of breaking is whatever air inside has over time leaked out. So when boiling less chance of breaking.

Back