Electric Air Duster/Blower to clean PC internals

Guys, need recommendations on Electric Air Duster/Blower to clean PC internals. Thanks!
Using this for a few years now without issues, just keep in mind to never keep pressing the power on switch on blower for more than 9-10 seconds (aka use in short bursts of 9-10 seconds with a gap of 4-5 seconds to avoid motor overheating which seems to be the main cause of failure in such models).

Using this for a few years now without issues, just keep in mind to never keep pressing the power on switch on blower for more than 9-10 seconds (aka use in short bursts of 9-10 seconds with a gap of 4-5 seconds to avoid motor overheating which seems to be the main cause of failure in such models).

Thanks for this info. Another thing, the one you've linked is a full blown leaf blower. Wouldn't something like this be more suitable for this task:

Portable Vacuum/Air Blower

The one is a vacuum at one end and blower at the other.

Last edited:
Thanks for this info. Another thing, the one you've linked is a full blown leaf blower. Wouldn't something like this be more suitable for this task:

Portable Vacuum/Air Blower

The one is a vacuum at one end and blower at the other.
That blower is what pc shops in my locality use nowadays & I have seen comments that using blower for pc component cleaning is better than using vacuum cleaner which carries a risk of static electricity.

yeah, cant say about this one as i don't have it.
But i used to use vacuum cleaner as blower too for pc cleaning ( a large maybe 15-20y old model that still works good .. ).
It works ok, but leaf blower is so much better at this. And my leaf blower is pretty lousy as a vacuum cleaner

How strong does a blower need to be for this job?
Dunno, but i have the ibell one. It is very strong, crazy airflow and noise compared to vc, highest setting is insane atleast to me. I use its lowest setting. Need to keep pc fans locked so that they dont spin.
It is maybe built less well. I think it gets hot and button stops responding for a few seconds ( or button is faulty). i did drop it once.
PC cleaning doesnt need too much time, overall it saves me time and effort.

Back