Electronics in Inverter Air conditioners - How reliable ?

'The Brain' of an Inverter Air Conditioner (Digital Micro-computer Module)

My understanding is that it is an electronic part and has been a recent phenomenon. In this regard i have two doubts:

a) this being an electronic part the replacement will be costly - considering the life of an a/c is about 10 years and during that period if there is an issue with the electronic part all the saving in power will be lost in the cost of replacement - hence what are the chances of this part requiring replacement?

b) i intend placing the outdoor unit in the open on the ceiling - it will be exposed to sunlight and rain - will this affect the electronic component?

thanks

'The Brain' of an Inverter Air Conditioner (Digital Micro-computer Module) My understanding is that it is an electronic part and has been a recent phenomenon. In this regard i have two doubts:

a) this being an electronic part the replacement will be costly - considering the life of an a/c is about 10 years and during that period if there is an issue with the electronic part all the saving in power will be lost in the cost of replacement - hence what are the chances of this part requiring replacement?
Chances are:

Zero percent.
Hundred percent.
And anything in between.

Take your pick.
b) i intend placing the outdoor unit in the open on the ceiling - it will be exposed to sunlight and rain - will this affect the electronic component?
Outdoor units are designed to be installed “OUTDOOR”. You may be the first person to think otherwise.

Most modern cars have their control units in the engine bay area (the hottest part of the car). These are electronic components which work at over 60 degrees centigrade or even more. They work fine so why won’t ODU’s control units?

Chances are:

Zero percent.
Hundred percent.
And anything in between.

Take your pick.

Outdoor units are designed to be installed “OUTDOOR”. You may be the first person to think otherwise.

Most modern cars have their control units in the engine bay area (the hottest part of the car). These are electronic components which work at over 60 degrees centigrade or even more. They work fine so why won’t ODU’s control units?
thanks for the clarification. I recollect reading elsewhere in the forum that the ODU be placed in a shaded area, preferably, hence the query

Re the electronic module - should i go for a double booster stabilizer - chennai is notorious for voltage fluctuations and i would not want the electronic part to be at risk

thanks

thanks for the clarification. I recollect reading elsewhere in the forum that the ODU be placed in a shaded area, preferably, hence the query

Re the electronic module - should i go for a double booster stabilizer - chennai is notorious for voltage fluctuations and i would not want the electronic part to be at risk

thanks
A regular stabilizer from a good brand is enough to protect against fluctuations. Double/Triple booster is required only when the voltage falls low in your locality. It justs boosts to voltage to normal operating level and is no better/worse in handling fluctuations.

Back