Budget 31-40k Entry level Gaming PC without monitor/mouse/keyboard

Atlantis

Disciple
Hi !
Been wanting to build a new machine for some time, seeing my current setup you would gauge, I have been out of the league for some time. Technology has advanced considerably since I first started gaming in 1997. Well coming to the point, would appreciate your input for the following query. I would be gaming at Medium settings and quite happy with 720p, but would love to have have smooth graphics and fluid game play.
  1. What is your budget?
    • 30-35k
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel E6750
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte ep 45ud3l
    • GPU - Ati Hd6750
    • RAM - 4gb
    • Monitor - SAmsung 1440x900
    • PSU - Corsair VX450
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • only monitor,
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Open to all your suggestions
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • final config for now , maybe a monitor upgrade later, not sure which
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None at all
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Far cry series, Cod, Only Fps
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1280x720
    2. Desktop - 1440x900
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • NO
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10
Thanks for reading through.

If the new AM5 motherboards worked with ddr4 ram I would have suggested that but they will only work with ddr5 ram(which will be costly initially).

Try getting an APU like ryzen 5 5600G - 20k
Motherboard B450 - 5.5k
Power supply 550w from corsair - 4k
1x 8 GB 3200Mhz Ram - 2.5k
500 gb ssd - 4k
Corsair spec 01 cabinet - 3k
Total= 39k

All of these are at current prices without any offers attached. This is just a general guideline though. I hope some more experienced members can chime in like @Slayer88 , @napstersquest

If the new AM5 motherboards worked with ddr4 ram I would have suggested that but they will only work with ddr5 ram(which will be costly initially).

Try getting an APU like ryzen 5 5600G - 20k
Motherboard B450 - 5.5k
Power supply 550w from corsair - 4k
1x 8 GB 3200Mhz Ram - 2.5k
500 gb ssd - 4k
Corsair spec 01 cabinet - 3k
Total= 39k

All of these are at current prices without any offers attached. This is just a general guideline though. I hope some more experienced members can chime in like @Slayer88 , @napstersquest
The above looks good, i would recommend dual channel ram and 16GB, get a used Kit, even if u can get a Micron 2400/2666 kit you can get it OC's to 3000 easily I believe.

I would also ask, do you plan on getting a dGPU in the future? and lastly, how long are you looking to use this PC for?

The above looks good, i would recommend dual channel ram and 16GB, get a used Kit, even if u can get a Micron 2400/2666 kit you can get it OC's to 3000 easily I believe.

I would also ask, do you plan on getting a dGPU in the future? and lastly, how long are you looking to use this PC for?
Thank you for your reply Drklord !

@ Slayer ! Not sure with some of the terminology you used ! But I am old school , the times, when we used to flash The Asus P5Ab bios ( AMD K62 to accomodate a 40gb hdd since the stock was only 32gb compatible.
I keep my pc's for long , my current setup gave me smooth gameplay for the last version max payne, far cry primal, most of the Cod games but it started to stutter at the Ghost version. Unfortunately this card is dying too like my old Ati 4850...... so to answer your question " as long as there are games that I can play on my system " I rarely bury them.
Really appreciate all the help you guys offer, wish you well !

@ Slayer ! Not sure with some of the terminology you used ! But I am old school , the times, when we used to flash The Asus P5Ab bios ( AMD K62 to accomodate a 40gb hdd since the stock was only 32gb compatible.
I keep my pc's for long , my current setup gave me smooth gameplay for the last version max payne, far cry primal, most of the Cod games but it started to stutter at the Ghost version. Unfortunately this card is dying too like my old Ati 4850...... so to answer your question " as long as there are games that I can play on my system " I rarely bury them.
If longevity is the desired property then I will advise you to wait as AMD just unveiled their new cpus and Intel will also do same in few months. This will lead to fall in prices of older generation cpus and ddr4 rams.

If longevity is the desired property then I will advise you to wait as AMD just unveiled their new cpus and Intel will also do same in few months. This will lead to fall in prices of older generation cpus and ddr4 rams.
Sure ! I am in no hurry, could wait. Thanks for the tip.
On the flip side, would you recommend a second hand machine. Could use the savings for a monitor !

Hehe..though those were my early days, i too lived in the era where 40 and 80 GB HDDs were a thing, the frustrations of jumpers needed for master and slave drives and annoyingly fat and hard to install/remove IDE cables :p

AM5 will have an iGPU but they say its not really meant for anything but video output. So gaming is not going to be possible.

Sure ! I am in no hurry, could wait. Thanks for the tip.
On the flip side, would you recommend a second hand machine. Could use the savings for a monitor !
Yea, wait a bit, many will sell their systems with the upcoming launches so might fetch u a better deal.

Because of Crypto/Chip shortage/greedy corporates and scalpers, graphics card prices sky rocketed in the past couple of years. So your budget is not enough for a decent graphics card itself.

My advice would be to build something around a decent APU and add a graphics card later.

I own an 11th gen i5 NUC (laptop CPU) and I'm able to play games on it. iGPUs in recent times have been fairly decent. Unfortunately Intel's desktop CPUs don't seem to use Iris Xe graphics, and the UHD graphics they use seem much less powerful.

5600G seems like the ideal choice, but will overshoot your budget by 5-10k. Try to get dual channel 16 GB RAM if you can, helps with gaming.

Just for my knowledge, what Cpu and Dedicated Gpu would you recommend , if we do not go the Apu route ?
RTX 3060 FE is a great gpu if bought at mrp which is 35-36k. Very future proof for 1080p.
Then we have rtx 3050 which is equivalent to 1660 ti but with longer updates(as it was released recently), if you can get it for 20k it is good.
If just 1080p gaming is desired and you can deal with turning settings down for future games then AMD RX 580 is good too. If it can be bought at 13-14k new.

Just wait a while, gpu prices have come down but they should come down more. Also when nvidia launches its 4000 series the people who held out during 3000 series will want to upgrade from their 1000 or 2000 series cards and you might get good 2nd hand deals here.

I will have to research a bit more about cpus, I have a ryzen 5 3600 which is great but if a newer cpu can be had one should go for the newer cpu.

Just wait a while, gpu prices have come down but they should come down more. Also when nvidia launches its 4000 series the people who held out during 3000 series will want to upgrade from their 1000 or 2000 series cards and you might get good 2nd hand deals here.
+1 to the above.

Buy a nice higher end card even if it's a past gen card rather than a newer but rubbish card. E.g. if you can get your hands on a 2070 Super for cheap after the 4000 series comes out it will be much better than a 3050 or 3060 also, imo. Since you are ok with 720p resolution a 2070S should last you a decent number of years.

Back