entry level profesional cam under 18k.

Aces170 said:
@ SEI: Go through the sticky thread, although its long. Some very informative posts from BF1983, D.Payne and many others. I am planning to buy a Canon EOS1000D after a lot of discussion and research with these guys help...

Sir, yes Sir! :D

dOm1naTOr said:
Ok, please tell me this>

is the extra 6k for 1000D worth, than the FZ-35 if im not goin to upgrade anytime soon. Moreover i know the PQ of DSLR like 1000D stock would be better than FZ-35, as Meghna has described it well. But feature wise which will lead? stock 1000D or a stock FZ-35.

what is the default zoom of the 1000D. Its not specified in specs anywhere. Also can upgrades be done on FZ35 too ?. If ever i upgrade, it would be cheapest upgrades like 2~3k if there are any in that price range.

mostly my upgrades would be another battery set and a memory card, and maybe a better carry bag :D

Thanks for the reps guys :)

The extra bucks is not worth if you are not going to use it or your upgrade consists of only battery set and carry bag.

FZ35 is will lead in terms of features.. you'll get longer zoom (18x), incamera editing features such as panorama stitching.. etc.. etc..

Default zoom of 1000D is (18-55). You cannot upgrade anything apart from what you already mentioned on FZ35..

thnkx very much. Thats what i want to know. Im goin for the FZ 35, and later upgrade to a DSLR like D90 when needed.

Thanks a lot guys and gals.

i ll be back with my experience report on the cam in a week.

dOm1naTOr said:
thnkx very much. Thats what i want to know. Im goin for the FZ 35, and later upgrade to a DSLR like D90 when needed.

Thanks a lot guys and gals.

i ll be back with my experience report on the cam in a week.

Good choice mate ....u'll absolutely love it !! :)

got the cam yesterday. it was shipped through tnt which ddnt have a branch at my town. SO it was delayed by 3 days extra.

btw im loving it. Still has to explore some of the features. did some good macros, light painting and some normal scenery clicks. Its a real vfm.

hi guys. i ve some doubts regarding some basic upgradation on the FZ 35.

There are many lens kit upgradations for the FZ 35 on amazon. But its US only. There ant any speciffc kits for this cam on ebay india.

check this> Amazon.com: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 12.1MP Digital Camera DMC-FZ35K With Best Buy Lumix Accessory Package + Includes 8GB Memory, Extra Battery, Wide Lens, 2x Telephoto Lens, Filter Kit, Case + Much More: Camera & Photo

* so any 58mm lens can be used with it?

as the stock lens have zoom, does the stock zoom lens collide with the additional lens/filters if i accidently zoom in ? Then how come the amazon sell such lenses bundled with that cam ?

* as per thay amazon sales page, the lenses provided are 58mm. But when i measured the lens adapter's diameter, its 55mm. Does the 58mm filters/lenses fit into the 55mm diameter threads ? I found some 55 and 58mm close up macro lenses on sale on ebay india for as cheap as 300~500/-. But they havnt specified FZ35 in it.

plz check this> eBay India: 55mm Close up Lens Set of 4pcs ( See the Discription ) (item 260566726276 end time 18-Mar-2010 09:28:32 IST)

eBay India: 58mm Close up Lens Set of 4pcs ( See the Discription ) (item 260566726932 end time 18-Mar-2010 09:30:52 IST)

eBay India: 55mm Filter Kit 4 pcs ( for Camera see the descrition ) (item 260566735118 end time 18-Mar-2010 10:04:49 IST)

eBay India: 58mm Filter Kit 4 pcs ( for Camera see the descrition ) (item 260566734605 end time 18-Mar-2010 10:02:44 IST)

have found 55 and 58mm of both. As they seem really cheap im planning on both kits.

so plz tell me:

* which one shud i get ? 55mm or 58mm ?

* will they cause problem with the stock lens ? [im scared of stock lens getting damaged if ever they collide].

plz help asap. my main purpose is to have better macro. I actually dun even know why filters are used for :D . But the safety filter got my attention.

plz help guys......

oops. ive been a fool :(

the 55mm lens neither fits the cam's thread, nor the adapters :(

i should have ordered either a 58mm or a 52mm [to be used with adapter]. Now is there anything i could do with this 55mm closeup lens kits ?

guys.... there is one new BIG problem.

ive got many adapters and lenses [listed below]. I ll jst explain the scenario.

the camera main lens is 46mm and it has 46mm thread for any attachments. I couldnt find any 46mm macro kit, so i got the following adapter and lenses.

*46mm to 52mm ring adapter

*52mm to 55 mm ring adapter [had to buy this else my 55mm macro kit would go useless].

*52mm UV filter and a CPL filter.

*55mm close up + macro kit lenses [+1,+2,+4,+10]

now the problem is, the 46 to 52mm ring adapter is causing vignetting. i mean, even with just the adapter on, without any filter/lens on them. Attaching any lens/filters [52mm] on it worsens it. Also attaching the 52 to 55mm adapter and any 55mm macro lens will cause extreme vignetting.

So ive ordered a 58mm to 62mm adapter which connects the outer barrel thread on cam. Maybe it wont cause vignetting.

Is there any lens/attachments which can reduce vignetting ?

please help guys. im in serous trouble.

vignetting is only for FZ 35, and not for older FZ 28, coz FZ 35 has more wide angle. :(

Back