PC Peripherals Epson L550 wifi problem..

Yesterday i received my epson l550 from flipkart. I connected it to my BSNL/Nokia Siemens wifi modem with LAN Cable for iPrint(Printing using the wifi network) using my mobile. But, the problem is when i turn off my printer and again starts it, its not able to connect to the modem. The LAN Light on modem blinks but not being able to stabilize. On the printer, it says connection to network failed. The ip auth. is set to auto and in place of IP it shows 00:00:00:00.

What to do? Is it my modem's problem or my printer's?

Does your router provide address by dhcp or have you set a static IP address for the printer. Best solution is to give the printer a static IP address.

Does your router provide address by dhcp or have you set a static IP address for the printer. Best solution is to give the printer a static IP address.

i have least knowledge about networking i only know that the modem changes the ip with every restart. Whenever i try to connect, my modem's light corresponding to LAN connection of printer keeps on blinking and after about 5-10 mins it stabilizes and the printer connects with auto ip of router. But its too time taking.

After lot of Research, i was able to set manual addresses to my printer. Its asking for 3 fields :

IP Address
Subnet Mask
Default Gateway

I dont know the static ip of my router. how to get that?

I am quite sure about the subnet mask and default gateway.[DOUBLEPOST=1404492489][/DOUBLEPOST]Problem Solved! I changed the LAN cable because the error report of printer said that the cable connection - FAIL, though i dont know how it was getting connected with same cable but after 5-10 mins. Maybe the cable was slow. Now i am using a cat5e with manual settings and its getting connected very easily within 2 seconds.

Mods can delete the thread. Thanks

Last edited:
Back