epub reader on windows pc

Pyception

Disciple
I'm looking for a decent epub reader (pdf, mobi etc) on windows pc. I've tried calibre, moon+, fbreader, Sumatra pdf maybe few more. But I'm not satisfied, moon+ get the highest score but sometimes failed to render images or code snippets.
Any other recommendation?

You can try out Bookfusion.com. You can upload your ebooks (your library can hold only 10 books in free account, but you can delete and upload new ones as many times as required).

With it's bookmarking feature, it becomes incredibly easy to read the same books across multiple devices.

I'm looking for a decent epub reader (pdf, mobi etc) on windows pc. I've tried calibre, moon+, fbreader, Sumatra pdf maybe few more. But I'm not satisfied, moon+ get the highest score but sometimes failed to render images or code snippets.
Any other recommendation?
The best format for technical books with diagrams etc. is actually PDF. And it gets rendered best in Adobe Reader.
If epub is the only option, then you can try the free Adobe Digital Editions -

Sumatra pdf is my go to viewer for pdf/epub. It is lightweight and also is supported as a quickviewer in Total commander through a plugin.
I also use STDU Viewer which is also good. It supports many formats including epub, pdf, DJVU, CBR/CBZ(Comic book format) , MOBI, AZW etc. Check it out and see if it renders the epubs in question properly.
http://www.stdutility.com/stduviewer.html
Only caveat is that it hasn't been updated in a while but it still works.

For epub/zip and ebooks, AI Reader and Cool Reader 3 are good.
For CBR/CBZs - CDisplay
For PDF - Sumatra PDF reader is very lightweight compared to Adobe.

With epub readers, some do better on rendering than others, you'll have to find the right one for you.
If what you're reading is image only, probably better to convert to a CBZ and use a comic book reader for it, or convert to PDF if you need searchable text.

I've found a kind of workable solution for epub/pdf reader as "Koodo Reader"
The best format for technical books with diagrams etc. is actually PDF. And it gets rendered best in Adobe Reader.
If epub is the only option, then you can try the free Adobe Digital Editions -
I'm kind of impressed with the experience and it's very lightweight. Still facing some issues with images and code but I think this is best for now...
For epub/zip and ebooks, AI Reader and Cool Reader 3 are good.
For CBR/CBZs - CDisplay
For PDF - Sumatra PDF reader is very lightweight compared to Adobe.

With epub readers, some do better on rendering than others, you'll have to find the right one for you.
If what you're reading is image only, probably better to convert to a CBZ and use a comic book reader for it, or convert to PDF if you need searchable text.
Yes for "BR/CBZs (specially comics) - "CDisplay" is way to go...
for PDF, Sumatra is fine.... but search seems broken sometime... plus adobe is kind of bloat...

Last edited:
Still facing some issues with images and code but I think this is best for now
Yes well if you stay on ePUB then that is bound to happen. ePub is based on HTML after all. I would always try and seek PDF versions for any documents or books with complex diagrams, code, etc.

IceCream Reader, this allows for copying text from ePubs. Portable versions are available, if you look hard.

But for code, etc., PDF is the best distortion-free format.

Back