Equaliser for Home Audio System

Can someone help me buy a effective but reasonably priced equaliser for my home audio system. I am ok with even an Indian made one. The system has a Pulz amplifier, Philips CD Player and Sonodyne Speakers which has 10" woofers, 4" mid range and dome tweeters. The name and address of the vendor would be of great help. I live in Delhi.

Doesn't the pulz have basic tone controls? And before going EQ, make sure that your speaker placement is proper. Try out some simple room treatment like taking care of first order reflections.

EQ should be used as the very last resort.

zhopudey said:
EQ should be used as the very last resort.

Do you know the fun of moving 10 controls on each channel ?? .... I used to have a Luxman 10 band per channel EQ on which I spent a lot of quality time sliding contols UP and DOWN - each song would have its own preset EQ setting.... HEAVEN !!! ... BORED all my friends with my gibbering about the EQ setting for each song. I have always wondered why everyone used to suddenly rememebr that they had left a tap running at home when I put on my sound system :huh:

Guys,
Thanks for the help. No the Pulz amp that I have does not have the basic tone controls. Strange indeed. The guy who supplied me the amp got me this locally made EQ to go with it. The EQ has done its work for some years now. The amp is in good shape. Do you think that since I have the Sonodyne speakers that I got in 1984 and are in great shape that I should go for the Sonodyne Amp SiA 102R? Have a look at this website and advise. Thanks again guys. Home Audio > Sonus Series

Back