CPU/Mobo Erratic temps on the i7

Mann

Adept
Hi guys,
I have been seeing some erratic readings on the temp graph on my i7.
To show exactly what is happening I have attached a screenshot showing the temperature graph on speed fan v4.44.
The CPU is a i7 875k and is water cooled.
All settings were at BIOS default, hence you see 3206ghz as speedstep was enabled & the system came to a multiplier of 24 instead of 22.
The system ran prime95 on all cores/threads. No system activity was initiated.
The high temp peaks of ~5'C above normal which comes & goes is the issue at hand.
prime95.jpg

Could you give more details as to your water cooling setup and what sort of fans are on the rads .... do they change speeds based on temps etc etc etc.

It looks like 5 more temp is when its 24x and then it drops to 22x so temp drops again 24x ..... but its unlikely that in the middle of p95 run the cpu will drop multi. Its possible some intel power saving feature is causing this sort of thing and not cpu multi. The way the graph is so consistent makes it look almost like the 5* increases are intended which makes me think its just some intel feature causing the drops or something.

WB Ek HF supreme full nickle

1/2" DD fatboys on all the things in the CPU loop

D5 at speed 5

4 CM sickleflow @ 7v without pwm, on a TFC xchanger 120x4

The multiplier & voltage remain Constant through

Can you run intel burn test for like 30 runs and see if this still happening as well, just a hunch I have no clue how the temp is so consistently going up and down if cpu multi and voltage is constant.

Back