iOS Esim

OPMR11

Recruit
Hello, I bought a new Iphone, having jio and bsnl as carriers.
How this esim system works as it is having only one sim slot?

Jio sim is easy to convert from physical sim. Carefully follow the guide and you are good to go. Remember SMS services is offline for first 24 hours after the conversion.

U can...need to visit JIO Store though...it's given on the site..

Screenshot 2021-12-22 153724.jpg

I did it in jio store as they need to re verify the auth so just visit the store and get it done.
no charges.

Sorry to bring back an old thread..

Guys I have a doubt regarding esim.. I was checking iphone 13 in a store and one of the sales people said, once u get an esim, let's say jio, we cannot delete it later and get another network's esim like airtel or Voda.. Is it true? Let me know if i have to elaborate this.

You can delete saved esim profiles in settings but you’d need to contact your carrier to download it again.

Also you can have multiple esim profiles saved at once and switch between them freely in settings. You don’t need to delete the Jio profile to use another esim.

You can delete saved esim profiles in settings but you’d need to contact your carrier to download it again.

Also you can have multiple esim profiles saved at once and switch between them freely in settings. You don’t need to delete the Jio profile to use another esim.
Sorry I'm confused.. This means the store person is wrong, right?

My usage is, let's say I have jio number X and airtel number Y. So this Y will be physical sim, X jio will be esim.. After few months, let's say I took another number Vodafone Z. So we can delete the X and can use Z right? The store person said this is not possible on the same phone.

My usage is, let's say I have jio number X and airtel number Y. So this Y will be physical sim, X jio will be esim.. After few months, let's say I took another number Vodafone Z. So we can delete the X and can use Z right? The store person said this is not possible on the same phone.
Sales guy is clueless - you can delete and add..
even better, you can add the 3rd eSIM without deleting X and keep X inactive (but switchable back to active in settings)

Yep he’s mistaken. Not only can you delete X, you can have X, Z or even more esims saved on your phone. You can select which one to use in settings.

even better, you can add the 3rd eSIM without deleting X and keep X inactive (but switchable back to active in settings)
Yep he’s mistaken. Not only can you delete X, you can have X, Z or even more esims saved on your phone. You can select which one to use in settings.
Thanks for clarifying guys... Esim doesn't seem like a disadvantage at all..

Does that mean we can store X Y Z esim profiles and switch to whichever we want when required?

Yes. You can have upto 5 e sim profiles on ios devices. On 13 series you can have both e sim active.
Thanks for the confirmation.
I do have iPhone 13 as my primary phone. Did you mean I can keep 2 esims active simultaneously with 1 physical sim active as well? Or would it be either 2 esims or 1 esim+1 physical sim active at the same time?

Back