Ethical Hacking/IT Security Course

Anyone has any feedback regardiing this institiue claiming to teach hacking/IT security:

http://www.appinonline.com

Its located at Chembur, Mumbai.

Any other institutes from Mumbai teaching Ethical hacking/IT Security aspects that you know of do let me know.

Epecially if you have done Ethical hacking/IT Security course, I did like to get in touch with you before committing to a course.

Thanks in advance !

You do know that you'll not be able to really hack anything even after these courses? Most of the time their usability is to add 1 line in your resume.

These courses typically talk about secure coding methods, hacking techniques, older zero day exploits(which any ways are patched) and loads of theory. Most of the time the trainer is not a programmer as well.

What is your background BTW; I mean what programming language, any assembly, what OS?? Plus how much they are charging for this course,

look for innobuzz. they have centers all over the world for ethical hacking
<

What is your background BTW; I mean what programming language, any assembly, what OS?? Plus how much they are charging for this course,

Background: B.Sc (Botany), GNIIT, MBA (Marketing), several small diploma courses in IT ranging from MIS to artificial Intelligence. Currently working in IT Security field at a very low level.

Programming Languages: Know C (advanced), C++(advanced), Unix Shell programming(basic level), SQL progamming. No assembly language. my corrrent work environment is Windows server 2008 (on Citrix)

How much are they charging: 8000 for 2 months basic course and 16000 for 6 months advanced course.

I am not sure if u are eligible for this certification or not, but I certainly think if u are looking at Network Security, you should definitely consider this:

https://www.isc2.org...SP/Default.aspx

I am eligible, but the exam fees is a bomb!

Anyways, as you already know, Hands on experience is everything, when it comes to stuff like this. Courses wont teach you anything useful...

very True

look for innobuzz. they have centers all over the world for ethical hacking
happy19.gif

Thanks !

I suggest than you learn two things before you go for any course. x86 assembly and PE format (or the equal in linux). study it to understand how compiler/linker put different section in a file and how a loader reads them and load in memory.

I suggest than you learn two things before you go for any course. x86 assembly and PE format (or the equal in linux). study it to understand how compiler/linker put different section in a file and how a loader reads them and load in memory.

Any pointers to start this on the web or even any person who can guide (not teach) me would be a great help !

Do let us know which one u choose and how it works out :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I am quite inclined to go adi_vastava's suggested route. Its best to start from scratch if one needs to excel. The reason I was looking at a course is to have some guide as to what to study. There are plenty of materials on the internet. Ofcourse a course wont teach you everything - but it will nbe more like a summary story where you need to filll the gaps on your own depending on your intesrests/field of work/opportunities etc.

A certificate(in any course) is like a ticket to go past the HR table !

I am not sure if u are eligible for this certification or not, but I certainly think if u are looking at Network Security, you should definitely consider this:

https://www.isc2.org...SP/Default.aspx

Eligibility for CISSP does not mean you can clear it. Approx 2 in 10 serious candidates clear this exam in India. Each exam sessions (usually 1 a month in a city in India) has 25 aspirants. No joke, not for kids, needs 4-5 years or so of real world IT Security experience while working (home diddling does not count) to be actually able to pass.

This does not matter unless you want to be a core Ethical Hacker.

for OP: #The_Falcon

If you want to get into IT Security, google on torrent sites for CEH v6 study material, go through it, contact a prometric/ other center in your area eligible to conduct the test and clear it. This is your starting point. Apart from this, you will need to look at a CCNA Security or a Checkpoint CCSE and get into a proper role in an organization in this field, and progress towards a CISSP in a couple of years.

From a course perspective, contact MIEL in Mumbai, they may charge a few bucks more, but the course conductors are better.

Eligibility for CISSP does not mean you can clear it. Approx 2 in 10 serious candidates clear this exam in India. Each exam sessions (usually 1 a month in a city in India) has 25 aspirants. No joke, not for kids, needs 4-5 years or so of real world IT Security experience while working (home diddling does not count) to be actually able to pass.

I never said being eligible means one can clear it, but anyone who is seriously looking into Network Security in long run should consider this.
happy19.gif

I never said being eligible means one can clear it, but anyone who is seriously looking into Network Security in long run should consider this.
happy19.gif

Lets not get into an argument over this...I know it is "tough" exam, but most people who appear for this exam are on a full time job with family and other matters to attend to, leaving little room for serious study - no wonder they might not be clearing it.

After all success is the sum of all previous failures!

for OP: #The_Falcon

If you want to get into IT Security, google on torrent sites for CEH v6 study material, go through it, contact a prometric/ other center in your area eligible to conduct the test and clear it. This is your starting point. Apart from this, you will need to look at a CCNA Security or a Checkpoint CCSE and get into a proper role in an organization in this field, and progress towards a CISSP in a couple of years.

From a course perspective, contact MIEL in Mumbai, they may charge a few bucks more, but the course conductors are better.

Thanks!

Back