iOS Evernote Alternatives

sibot

Adept
Hi,
As some of you would know Evernote has recently changed their policies and has restricted free access to two devices per user.

In the light of above douchebaggery, I am in search for a worthy free cross platform alternative that allows me to save notes and access them quickly on the go. Should support iOS and Mac OS. Categorisation would be a plus.

TIA,
Sibot

Have you given a look at OneNote https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/microsoft-onenote-lists-photos/id410395246?mt=8 they even have a Evernote to OneNote migration app
I did try out OneNote, but the application is resource heavy and takes an abnormal time to load/sync. I was very hopeful of it, but the app didn't really live up to my expectations.

This looks interesting! Thanks. I will test it out.

Edit: Sadly they don't have an app for Mac OS and relies on web-based interface

I was really pissed off recently by Evernotes constant bugging to pay or we will restrict XYZ. I closed my account of 3 years and moved on.

I definitely think One note is the best free app out there with good apps across platforms though I agree i find it a bit slow. So i have done this:

1. I was always using google keep so i continue to use it. Now, when i want to take quick note and dont want to load one note i have added an IFTTT script which saves that keep note to one note. You can tag particular labels from keep to be copied to particular notebook/pages/sections of One Note

2. Lately i have found myself using One note more and more. It is brilliant though a bit slow. Believe me it is mostly much slower for me compared to you as i use a measly Redmi note prime :p

Back