FS: Video Card EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked ACX 2.0+ (4 months used + some cosmetic damage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbird22

Recruit
I received this GPU from a cousin in the US, who had used it for a month before he came here and gave it to me since he was going to get a 980 Ti instead. Somehow, the L bracket suffered minor physical damage during the transit to Mumbai, as you can see in the images. He managed to lose the box and the containing accessories as well as the invoice. So I was stuck with just the GPU. However, the card performed like a beast in all the games I put it through at 1080p. I recently bought a new 1440p monitor about which you can see me discuss quite a bit on the forums here at TechEnclave.

Upon gaming at 1440p, I have found that the card occasionally stutters a bit, which I believe is due to the cards 3.5GB + 0.5GB memory nature, but I could be wrong. Also, I have found the card to be unstable at high temperatures. The GPU fans don't start spinning before it hits 60 degrees C as this is a feature that is found in the new range of GPUs nowadays, and while gaming it can get hot, and eventually be unstable. To counter this problem, I use MSI Afterburner to use a custom Fan profile to make sure that the fan is always spinning, even at lower temperatures and I ramp the fan speed higher at make them run at 100% speed beyond 70 degrees C. Since I use the custom Fan profile, I have never seen the card get unstable though it does stutter a bit because I'm gaming at 2560 x 1440 and not 1080p. This card is perfect for 1080p and can easily provide 60fps+ for the same.

However, please note before hand that I'm selling this card as-is, and will not be able to entertain any requests for refunds or if the card doesn't work for you as you expect it to. I will be able to provide textual support and help you get a custom fan profile to be run, if you don't know how to do it but not much beyond that.

Sadly, EVGA doesn't operate in India, but they do have international transferrable Guest RMA warranty. Upon registering the serial number on the EVGA site, you can see that the card has about 940 days (at the time of this post) remaining on the warranty, which you may have to apply for at the Taiwan branch, so you could even get in touch with them if you ever wish to RMA the card.

All the other 970 variants sell in India for about 29k approximately, and owing to me being the legitimate 2nd user to use the card and the minor cosmetic damage, I'm selling the card at quite a cheap price.

Please note yet again that the card performs amazingly and can hit 60fps+ very easily and has very low power requirements of 145 TDP.

I'm shipping only in Mumbai just because I don't wish for the card to undergo any more damage and spoil the deal for you in any way. If the buyer is quite near from my place, I won't mind meeting him in person for the delivery as I don't trust shipment carriers and their haphazard ways of delivery that often lead to the parcel being compromised.

Although the card comes factory overclocked, there is more scope for overclocking as well, though I must mention that I haven't tried overclocking it so far since I'm not an overclocking enthusiast and would rather allow the device to work the way it was meant to be used.

I'm open to questions/doubts if any.

Game on !
TE1.jpg TE2.jpg TE3.jpg TE4.jpg
GPU-Z Proof

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back