Excellent camera Phone ~ 20k

pradeep200417

Shunya
Adept
I have decided to replace my trusty 5800 with another phone. I need a camera phone mainly. After researching i have found that N8 is the best choice for me.

Wanted to ask if any other phone in the same price range offers similar camera capability?

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 20k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: None

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 8MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Any

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Nokia N8

Well Nokia N8 is a good phone.I will advice you to buy the phone and extend the warranty to 2 yrs .

And if you are into more application then i will not advice you to buy N8 as it runs on symbian.

N8 has a pretty good camera but only if you can bear with Symbian OS which would not see much development. IIRC then I think it won't be getting a Carla update & Belle would be its last, double check this though.

Nokia 808 would best suite your camera needs but it would be arnd costing double your budget when it launches.

Hope this helps.
<

I have used n8 with belle update and to be frank I never understand (and never will), why people cry about lack of apps in symbian? Till date I didn't face a single situation in which I couldn't find an app. I have used android and found nothing spectacular (don't say the damn rooting thing).

@OP- Go for N8, its gem of a phone!
<

I have used n8 with belle update and to be frank I never understand (and never will), why people cry about lack of apps in symbian? Till date I didn't face a single situation in which I couldn't find an app. I have used android and found nothing spectacular (don't say the damn rooting thing).

@OP- Go for N8, its gem of a phone!
happy19.gif

Its the same with me. People do keep on talking about andriod and apps.

For me all the basic apps are available with Symbian too.

Feature wise N8 has all i need and more.

The camera is the main feature, which is still unbeatable in N8.
<

Looks like you have made up your mind on the N8 !

Just remember that N8 would not be getting Clara - the updates would be stopping with Belle FP2.

If it is not very urgent, wait for 3-4 months. PureView 808 is expected to launch this month. And as the talk has already come in the maketthat PureView camera module is going to be in the next WinPho models of Nokia, sales of the 808 may not exactly take-off. That leaves the tantalizing possibility of a good price cut of the 808 - only caveat being that one needs to hold for 3-4 months.

That is what I am planing to do! If the 808 doesn't drop in price in the next 3-4 months, I will be buying a 701.

Just remember that N8 would not be getting Clara - the updates would be stopping with Belle FP2.

If it is not very urgent, wait for 3-4 months. PureView 808 is expected to launch this month. And as the talk has already come in the maketthat PureView camera module is going to be in the next WinPho models of Nokia, sales of the 808 may not exactly take-off. That leaves the tantalizing possibility of a good price cut of the 808 - only caveat being that one needs to hold for 3-4 months.

That is what I am planing to do! If the 808 doesn't drop in price in the next 3-4 months, I will be buying a 701.

the price of the 808 will be too much even if there is price cut. I dont expect it to be below 30k with price cut.

Actually it wud get the clara update. A lighter version most probably, but clara update is almost sure.

also i was planning on taking the 701 before, for the better hardware, but still cant take my mind off N8

I've read somewhere that older SymbianS^3 devices incl., N8 would get the Belle FP2 and that's it.

I may be wrong, but do strongly remember reading that.

If only that 701 screen was just a wee bit bigger...........

Let us not get in to an endless argument, but remember what happened to Lumia 800 pricing! 29k -> 23k in two(?) months!

Interesting to note that there are still some people thinking of Nokia/Symbian, in a world mostly filled with fan-boys - robot or the fruity types!

Feature packs 1 and 2 will only be coming to 701 , 700 and 603 , and it will bump cpu speed to 1.3 GHz as well ..

I Have 701 and was waiting for FP1 but now thinking to sell and get sensation
<

Back