Exchange Motorola defy for acer iconia tab 500?

muneersn

Disciple
Hi, I have always thought whether it is a better option to have a tablet for doing all the smart stuff (browsing, email, blogging, apps etc..) and a dumb phone for the talk/message stuff.

One of my friends wants to part with his year old Acer Iconia tab 500. So guys, does it make good sense for me to sell my Motorola defy (one year and a few days old, great condition) and go for the tab?

The tab is available for 13k. How much do you guys think I will have to shell out additional after selling the defy?

approx 9.5K you will get for Defy. But the thing is, no matter how small a tablet, it wont be as portable as a phone. You wont take the tablet to the Groceries store. You wont take it when you go out for a drink or to a restaurant or w/e.

So think about how you use ur phone and decide accordingly.

You're right about the portability point. What drives me to think that I would be better off with a tablet is the fact that I surf a lot, and read many books (pdf/epub), and for these purposes the phones screen seems small and uncomfortable. Especially with the pdfs. Also since I am a little into programming, I constantly need to reference technical pdfs and tutorials, which would be easier on the tab I guess. :confused:

Also is the acer iconia tab 500 a good choice, if at all?

Back