CPU/Mobo Experience with AMD RMA in India

shadowfax90

Recruit
I raised an AMD RMA request recently for a 5600X I bought in March 2021. AMD replied to the initial request after 2 days asking me for photos of my processor fitted in my motherboard, invoice and details on how I know the processor is dead.
I replied to them the same day but it has been radio silence from them on the request since 6 days now!
Does anyone have experience with AMD RMA? How many days does it typically take to get the RMA request approved and is there any way to expedite it?
My workstation is dead since over 2 weeks now and it's affecting my work. :hungover:

I raised an AMD RMA request recently for a 5600X I bought in March 2021. AMD replied to the initial request after 2 days asking me for photos of my processor fitted in my motherboard, invoice and details on how I know the processor is dead.
I replied to them the same day but it has been radio silence from them on the request since 6 days now!
Does anyone have experience with AMD RMA? How many days does it typically take to get the RMA request approved and is there any way to expedite it?
My workstation is dead since over 2 weeks now and it's affecting my work. :hungover:
Send them a reply on the email thread asking for an update, unless you have already done that. If so, then call them up to enquire about status of rma

I will say they have the best RMA policy.Once replacement is approved it takes only few days for replacement to arrive.
It took 3 days for approval.After that 2 days to receive confirmation from InspiriSYS.
Then i shipped my processor directly to them.Next day after they received the processor, they dispatched the replacement via DTDC.

You need to send them a reminder.Just reply to the email without editing the ticket number.
OR
start a new ticket by dropping an email with your RMA to tech.support@amd.com
OR
start a new ticket by sending an email from their website.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

They will respond within 2 working days.

@vyral_143 Thank you for responding! I searched for the user but the one that I found doesn't look legit. 0 posts and 0 comments.
Is the profile below correct?

Thank you for the pointers guys. I have already replied 2 times to the same thread but alas no reply from AMD.
Let me try calling them and see if that helps.

Guys I got the RMA approved one day after this thread. I just sent AMD another reminder over email and they responded 5-6 hours later approving the RMA.

The process after the approval was smooth AF! Dropped the processor at the service centre the same day and got a replacement the very next day! :D

Back