Extension/addon location in browser

What is the name and location of the file that has all the installed extension/addons in a browser like firefox, waterfox, brave and librewolf in the profiles folder?

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

Here dig under folders until you find extensions folder.
Thanks bro. Just to need to copy the contents of the extensions folder and paste it in the same location after installation? And suppose I have enabled few settings as per my usage in ff, is there a particular file in the profiles folder that I can copy paste after reinstallation so that all the settings are copied too?
Do you know where is the location for the same for edge and brave browser?
And which extension/addon doesn't let one a website opened in one tab to snoop in on the website in the second tab? Those containers in ff are weird to use.

Last edited:
For Firefox your extensions are under your profile C:\Users\ User Name \AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ And the passwords are stored in the key4.db and logins.json file. Copy pasting doesn't work anymore for extensions though, It won't work for Chrome or Brave too so better use sync method to get them all at once

For Firefox your extensions are under your profile C:\Users\ User Name \AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ And the passwords are stored in the key4.db and logins.json file. Copy pasting doesn't work anymore for extensions though, It won't work for Chrome or Brave too so better use sync method to get them all at once
Why doesn't copy wasting work anymore? And do you know about the location for ms edge too?

Back