External power on switch for pc?

Has anyone tried to use this with a pc?
65D25A1D-46E2-4474-B9A6-2A5DECA7B26D.png

I actually wanted to use this one into the table, but have no clue to where to start with it
I have used these with a custom 3d printed mini itx case that i built for a router. You want momentary switches and not the latching kind. Also, to power the led, you can connect the other 2 pins to PLED+/- pins on the motherboard.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230821_232510_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230821_232510_Gallery.jpg
    759.4 KB · Views: 56
  • SmartSelect_20230821_232742_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230821_232742_Gallery.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 60
  • SmartSelect_20230821_232730_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230821_232730_Gallery.jpg
    994.5 KB · Views: 66
What motherboard do you have? There are two pins on it, when they are shorted your PC turns on. You simply connect two pins of this switch to those two pins of your motherboard. The polarity doesn't matter. The switch should be of type non-locking, meaning it should return to open state after every time is de-pressed.

There maybe more wires to the switch, which is used if your button has built in LED.

You can also have multiple switches by connection them in parallel.

I have used these with a custom 3d printed mini itx case that i built for a router. You want momentary switches and not the latching kind. Also, to power the led, you can connect the other 2 pins to PLED+/- pins on the motherboard.
This looks neat . I want to do something similar where i can put the switch at the top of the table..
It didn’t knew I could supply it with the pled as it shows that it requires 12v . Also there are more than 4 pins on it i believe
What motherboard do you have? There are two pins on it, when they are shorted your PC turns on. You simply connect two pins of this switch to those two pins of your motherboard. The polarity doesn't matter. The switch should be of type non-locking, meaning it should return to open state after every time is de-pressed.

There maybe more wires to the switch, which is used if your button has built in LED.

You can also have multiple switches by connection them in parallel.
I have the x570 tomahawk. Didn’t knew what to do with the switch’s power requirement. Still need to figure out which goes where

This looks neat . I want to do something similar where i can put the switch at the top of the table..
It didn’t knew I could supply it with the pled as it shows that it requires 12v . Also there are more than 4 pins on it i believe
Can you link the switch on amazon? I simply used one off robu, https://robu.in/product/green-12-mm-12v-24-v-momentary-metal-switch/ . You can probably get them in different colors. 12V is the max switching voltage rating, led forward voltage is about 2.5V on mine, which goes perfectly with the motherboard PLED pins.

Can you link the switch on amazon? I simply used one off robu, https://robu.in/product/green-12-mm-12v-24-v-momentary-metal-switch/ . You can probably get them in different colors. 12V is the max switching voltage rating, led forward voltage is about 2.5V on mine, which goes perfectly with the motherboard PLED pins.
I believe it was this one
I didn’t had the idea abt the pled at all , can u check this one? I’m trying to use a 19mm one .

Checked their website, 16mm+ have 5 pins, LED+/-, Common, Normally Open (NO, conducts when pressed) and Normally Close (NC, conducts when not pressed). You'll need to connect the Common and NO pins to your motherboard Power+/- pins, polarity does not matter. They however do not say anything about LED voltage clearly, but it probably is a direct LED connected to the pins. Polarity does matter when connecting LED pins.

It'd great if you had a digital multimeter, as the diode check mode can tell you the correct polarity as well as the voltage drop (led forward voltage).

Checked their website, 16mm+ have 5 pins, LED+/-, Common, Normally Open (NO, conducts when pressed) and Normally Close (NC, conducts when not pressed). You'll need to connect the Common and NO pins to your motherboard Power+/- pins, polarity does not matter. They however do not say anything about LED voltage clearly, but it probably is a direct LED connected to the pins. Polarity does matter when connecting LED pins.

It'd great if you had a digital multimeter, as the diode check mode can tell you the correct polarity as well as the voltage drop (led forward voltage).
Thanks man for checking It out..
I dont have the multimeter. I can get one you suggested earlier from robu as well cuz they seem pretty much the same (Tho I’ll opt for the 16 or 19.. The one u have would need the polarity check as well?

You can set the bios to turn on pc automatically when the power source is resumed. So the electric board switch will work as the switch to turn on your pc

This is the one I got from AliExpress a few years back:

IMG_20230822_123423.jpg

IMG_20230822_123458.jpg

IMG_20230822_123519.jpg

IMG_20230822_131057.jpg

^^ Can someone tell me what this 6V/ R means? The ring light on the switch turns red when turned on so maybe R is for Red but what about the 6V part?

I have used this switch to turn on PC and it works without issues.

Back