Laptops Extreme Lag

Please help me.........I brought an HP Pavilion G6 with 8Gb RAM and 2GB Graphics card of AMD latest drivers it also has a 1 Tb hard disk. I brought it solely for Gaming purpose. Even though the reviews said it was a perfect Gaming Machine I decided to buy a good cooling pad with it so that it does not get heated up. It took me 50000 Rs(850$) for the laptop and 6000 Rs(100$) for the cooling pad. Now even if I play games with low system requirements like AOE 3 or RON it lags extremely.........I also attach the cooling pad with it. On high end games like Crysis 3 it also lags. PLEASE HELP ME............................. :(

Graphics card model number ?
8Gb RAM and 2GB Graphics card does not mean it will not lag.For gaming the least you need is a 840m.

Well HP Pavilion G6 has many variants, which one you got? 2206TX, 1318tx, 2228tu etc...
Also is the video ram shared between the ram and gpu? This happens even if your gpu got dedicated ram.

Bro you took the wrong lappy.These are not for gaming first you need to understand Graphic card performance is not measured in GB's but it memory clock and memory type (graphic card are like combination of ram and cpu) The more memory clock plus more GDDR so eg. 512mb 1100 mhz GDDR5 is better than 2 gb 600mhz GDDR3

Game performance depends on the graphics chip and not the amount of memory it has.
That being said, the most likely one you have is the 7670m which should be able to handle aoe3 and ron fine so not sure where the problem is.
Have you checked the laptop's power management settings? maybe it's set to conserve max battery?

Seems OP left TE and is looking for solutions on rival forums...:p
He wasnt able to resist our queries or say problem solving tactics.;)

Back