Windows Extremely Frustrating Wi-Fi Adapter Issue

Soufosale

Disciple
I have been using this wi-fi dongle for the past 2 years. Used it first on my laptop and then on my PC (Ryzen 5 4650g + A520 DS3H). When I started using it on my PC, it gets randomly disconnected from the port. Not disconnected from the internet but like the port itself. I'm using the internet and suddenly the dreaded USB disconnected sound comes and I have to take the dongle out and connect it again. At first it didn't bother me much because it would happen only once in a while. But since the last week it has become extremely common. I would have to get up from my chair, reach into the unknown void that is the back of my CPU, take the dongle out and push it back in all while praying that it was indeed the dongle that I reconnected. Then I get back to my chair only to be mocked by the sound of the USB disconnecting. The issue has become so common that I have started to hear the USB disconnected sound in my dreams (and at times even when I'm awake).

I have tried all solutions that I could possibly think of
1. Uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers from the Leoxsys Website.
2. Tried all the USB ports on my PC. There aren't any orifices left on my rig that the dongle hasn't explored yet.
3. Tried reinstalling the Realtek Wi-fi drivers.
4. A Minor exorcism.
5. Lighting Agarbathi around my PC every time I'm using it.

But nothing seems to work. I've also short listed possible issues but I don't know how to solve any of them. My first instinct is that it is a BIOS issue so better to leave it alone as I'm not too tech savvy. Not enough to mess with the BIOS at least. Also the time frame of the USB getting disconnected usually falls in line with when the upload rate goes up. Usually when I'm connecting to steam or uploading some documents to Google Drive. Also the disconnecting became even more common after I reinstalled my graphics drivers.

Most of the above info might not be any help. Just wrote down some things I've observed.

Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated. It is extremely frustrating to work and watch videos on my PC since the issue started. Luckily, I don't game online anymore and although I finally have a reason to justify my K/D ratio I would like to have the option of playing games online when I get free time.

Pls Help (Pics attached are taken 2 minutes apart. Before and after my last mental breakdown)
Wifi 1.jpgWifi 2.jpg

Thanks in Advance

- Sent from my PC after reconnecting the dongle three times

buy a 200rs LAN cable lol. Or on a more practical note, if you would prefer not to spend any money - use your phone (or any older phone too, should work) as a USB hotspot. Connect phone to wifi and then switch on USB hotspot. If you have a spare phone lying around, that will be even better

Change the dongle
Well...when you put it like that.................:confused:
But for the sake of argument, are you sure it is not a BIOS or motherboard issue ? I'll be ditching the PC soon so only want to buy an adapter if I'm absolutely sure that it is the problem of the dongle.
buy a 200rs LAN cable lol
I'm using my PC from my room on the second floor. The Wi-fi device is on the ground floor :(

If anything in causing a mental breakdown in one's life, remove it from your life asap let alone a mere ₹300 wifi adapter.
Yes................valid argument lol. Want to make sure it's an issue with the dongle first. I'm in too deep for logical solutions

Since you've tried all the different USB ports on your PC, then next you need to try the same dongle on some other PC or laptop. If it exhibits same behaviour, you can rule out your PC or bios as the culprit.

You should had tried it on other desktops/laptops before posting. And wondering who suggested you such a brand? Always opt at least for local brands like iball.
What made you trace the issue to bios? No connection. Its either that there's somethings wrong with the usb or check for power settings in control panel.

You should have opted for tplink, 350 bucks usb wifi adaptor, works peacefully with zero maintenance and hassle-free.

Last edited:
And wondering who suggested you such a brand?
Yeap... hindsight is 20/20. Found this on Amazon by selecting the cheapest option with highest average rating. Even recommended it to a friend because it worked perfectly for me.

Suspected the BIOS only because it worked flawlessly with my laptop. Connecting my phone via USB cable also has the disconnection issue. Figured both issues were somehow connected and decided to pin the blame on the BIOS.

From the replies in the thread I think it is best to put the dongle to rest and buy a new one. The issue has gotten even worse since I started the thread so guess I'm finally caving and buying a new one. Thanks for the help everyone.

I don't know if it is applicable to older AMD processors, but many AMD users had USB disconnect issues on their 3rd gen Ryzen processors due to a bug in AGESA. A bios update fixed it.

Are you on F13 or F13g bios? The latter was revoked.

Backup your bios and update to F13.
Are other USB devices connected to this machine, do they disconnect occasionally?

Backup your bios and update to F13.
Are other USB devices connected to this machine, do they disconnect occasionally?
Normal USBs don't have the issue. Even my external HDD is stable. But connecting my phone via USB cable sometimes have the same issue

The tp-link wn781nd pcie wifi card gets disconnected ever 15-20 mins and reconnects after 5 mins. It happens 2-3 days after slotting the card. My usb wifi dongle works like a charm. Any solution?

The tp-link wn781nd pcie wifi card gets disconnected ever 15-20 mins and reconnects after 5 mins. It happens 2-3 days after slotting the card. My usb wifi dongle works like a charm. Any solution?
See if its conflicting with gpu slot or nvme if any of that is installed don your system.
Refer to mobo manual.

You didn't mentioned if this dongle is still working fine on your laptop ?
obviously you must've tried but still asking if you tried it pluggin in a different usb port ?
As suggested by nritech check your power options,
disable USB suspend settings and switch wireless adapter power savings to maximum performace.

Untitled22.jpg

You didn't mentioned if this dongle is still working fine on your laptop ?
Unfortunately, I already sold my laptop. However now I'm pretty sure that the dongle is indeed the culprit. Even when it stays connected the speed is only 500Kbps while the Wi-Fi speed is around 20Mbps normally. Will buy a new dongle and update but Amazon usually takes more than a week to deliver stuff to my house :banghead:

Last edited:
Just to add, I’ve had a leoxsys bt adapter. It gave me such phantom issues before packing up for good. I don’t know if it’s relevant considering this was a bt dongle. But it says something about the quality of materials used in the manufacturing perhaps.

Back