Extremely low wifi signal detection range on Aorus Pro AC

SpaceScraper

Disciple
Hey guys, so I just built a new pc (first time) and found out that this mobo has a lower wifi detection range than my thinkpad. Same place I can get a signal on my laptop but not the pc. No issues for now as I had lan cables installed, but just wanted to confirm if this is normal. I confirmed that the wifi card is working through my mobile hostpot.

Aorus pro wifi has an ancient wifi card from like 4-5 years ago. I didn't buy the wifi version for this reason. I got a pci-e wifi6 adapter instead

Aorus pro wifi has an ancient wifi card from like 4-5 years ago. I didn't buy the wifi version for this reason. I got a pci-e wifi6 adapter instead
Ah makes sense. Didnt see any mention of this in any reviews I saw. Couldve just went with the pro and saved my money. I assume it cant be replaced?

Oh wait never mind guys im just stupid. I didnt connect the antenna :neutral:. To be fair the antenna looks like a sharks fin instead of the usual 1 or 2 sticks, thought it was some "gamer" design accessory. Now im getting 2 bars, which is not bad for the distance.

Back