Android Facing very weird issues since last week

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Phone: Redmi Note 7 pro
Rooted and on custom rom since last yr.

Last week Google made some changes at their end which conked off the rooting world and created panic globally aka triggered SafetyNet which isn't passing on rooted phones now...

Since then, Ola app refuses to work on my phone. It keeps giving error related to device or a technical failure while my ola no works good on my older phones.
Only Ola lite works good and so Uber.
I have opened a case with Ola and now they have asked me to share IMEI no with them which I don't want to do.

Now, since yesterday WhatsApp has started behaving abruptly... In status tab I cannot see anyone’s status at all. Tried everything but to no vail.
I tried countless times clearing data for everything like play store and whatever I can think off, removing my google account, whatsapp and what not but all in vain.

Thankfully all banking apps working good so far.

Not seeking immature noobish answers like why root/don’t root etc etc.

Seeking inputs from people around using rooted phones.

Last edited:
unrooting is the only option for the foreseeable future I feel. even paytm/banking apps/airdroid all stopped working for me. I had to unroot my phone

unrooting is the only option for the foreseeable future I feel. even paytm/banking apps/airdroid all stopped working for me. I had to unroot my phone
Thats bad!
I have all banking apps working good.
Surprisingly even whatsapp started working as earlier.
So now its just the Ola app.

BTW people around the globe are struggling with pokemon, mcdonalds and banking app.

Back