Mac OS Fantastical / Flexibits Family Sharing (Maybe wait for BF Sale) - Anybody Interested?

Recently got into Calendars and I don't think you can go wrong with either BusyCal or Fantastical. Not sure if people here are interested in calendar apps, especially paying for a sub but if y'all are interested. Please let me know. Maybe we can get on a family sharing sub.

Thanks!

I will suggest going for ticktick instead, it has similar calendar interface alongwith reminders. Much better www.ticktick.com
I have been using TickTick for 2+ years, haha. It's a very vain reason but I really dislike their desktop UI but in terms of absolute value, I don't think any app can beat TickTick. It's just too good!

But I wanted to track my time with Focus Sessions with TickTick, and I ran into these problems:

- Tied in with the app - They do not appear in the calendar
- They appear on stats but there is no way to account for wasted time other than creating a task
- The UIX still sucks - adding a focus session is needlessly complicated

The UIX still sucks - adding a focus session is needlessly complicated
UX has been requested there since ages, but seems developers are not concerned about same at all.
As far calendar is concerned I don't use any third party or ticktick calendar app, though the ticktick and other calendars you mentioned display tasks beautifully same way. They added some new features to Calendar (in last 10 days updated twice), you might check those out.. if not aware

My tasks for day are enough useful for me, I don't use there pomodoro, focus, habits, etc.
I just take off, anything from head to ticktick, (I ensure to take a manual backup from web, twice a week)

UX has been requested there since ages, but seems developers are not concerned about same at all.
As far calendar is concerned I don't use any third party or ticktick calendar app, though the ticktick and other calendars you mentioned display tasks beautifully same way. They added some new features to Calendar (in last 10 days updated twice), you might check those out.. if not aware

My tasks for day are enough useful for me, I don't use there pomodoro, focus, habits, etc.
I just take off, anything from head to ticktick, (I ensure to take a manual backup from web, twice a week)
yeah, mate, i still see requests for focus on reddit. i do have ticktick premium and i find the calendar to be very ugly on the desktop. sure it has the same views but on something like fantastical, busycal or even the apple calendar app, they are far more interactive and the ui is infinitely better.

they added the weekly view to tasks i think in the last update, i don’t know how i would make use of it haha. I don’t think they need more views, they need more polish.

and as you said that you use tasks only, i’ve moved all my tasks to obsidian for infinite retention and they now gel really well with my notes too. very easy linking.

I am using ticktick alongwith wife/kid, a shared folder between 3 of us and 2 other folders for direct tasks between two.
I took me several months to make them get used to a todo manager, and both of them are using more then me...
Dump everything in inbox and organize the same before hitting bed for 5 minutes..
Dont need Obsidian at present, onedrive is enough for notes..

I am using ticktick alongwith wife/kid, a shared folder between 3 of us and 2 other folders for direct tasks between two.
I took me several months to make them get used to a todo manager, and both of them are using more then me...
Dump everything in inbox and organize the same before hitting bed for 5 minutes..
Dont need Obsidian at present, onedrive is enough for notes..
yeah, mate, in the end it's important to get the stuff done and if one system already works for you then there's no need to look into changing it

getting things done is much more important than the systems we use

Back