Fed up of Triband, even before getting the connection

raksrules

Elite
As per my earlier thread, i had told that i have registered for the MTNL triband connection 999 UL plan. I was told that this plan people get out of turn priority. But even before getting the connection i am pissed off. I was told 2 weeks back that my connection would be active but even today its not done. Those babus tell me to contact XYZ then that XYZ guys gives me some other number and tells me that "yeh mera area nahi hai". I mean WTF ?? :mad:
Today is Saturday and tomorrow they wont be working. I can only contact them next weekend as on weekdays i am in Pune. I now dont want this connection as i dont know what else will i have to go thru after getting one. Please let me know what other options can i try.

I stay in Yoginagar, Borivali(west), Mumbai.
For MTNL, my number falls under shimpoli exchange.

Should i wait for the MTNL 3G Jadoo and then use my cell phone (i have a Nokia 6630 which has 3G, speed unknown) for internet. I currently use airtel Rs. 15 / day GPRS connection.
Is Reliance Wimax available in my area ?? Whom can i contact for the same ?
I know that airtel broadband is not available in my area:mad:
My cable operator is incablenet and they too provide internet service. Anyone here (near my area preferably) using their internet service can suggest me how they are ?
Any other options remain for me ?

Dude.. let me tell you this... the installation is by far the worst part of it...

Once u get the connection theres nuthin like it.. no downtime no caps no nonsense.. perhaps a first couple of times u will b screwed when the call centre employee wil tell u to do a couple of things incase it doesnt work(which is very rare..) n once u learn them u wud never hav to talk to an mtnl employee until u want ur net shut...

so hav patience.. keep cool.. n it may even take 2 months fr ur connection.. get a temporary one if u need it urgently...

(i know by experience.. waited 3 months for mine 3 yrs back.. till then used to brute force into the sify's server for free top ups..)

my friend waited for good annoying 6 months before getting triband connection...patience is key in case of triband and they wont budge a lil how hard you try ;)

You can directly meet or call the general manager. They have this policy in place. When I was facing problems, one of my friends mother who works for MTNL told me the same. I got the GMs number, called him, his PA picked the phone, asked for him, rather insisted. He came online, within 5 minutes I got a call from Dadar (I put up at Nerul) and my connection was fixed !

thank god ...

my frnds dad is a GM in navi mumbai MTNL branch !!

my connection was ready in 6days... although i made them wait for a month to activate !

PSU sucks !

^^can you get me the phone number of the GM of shimpoli branch. I think calling him directly will at least give those babus a little jhatka

@op
do get the connection, as mentioned earlier, once u get it u wont regret it...
ive bin usin triband since last 3 yrs..no 'real' probs till now..

[OT] even i stay at yoginagar...we shud meet up some time...[/OT]

Back