Feed PWM from GPU & Power From PSU To Case Fan Mounted On GPU

bornlibra23

Disciple
Feed PWM from GPU & Power From PSU To Case Fan Mounted On GPU
I need to splice PWM signal from GPU & power from PSU to the case fans mounted on the graphics card. The original GPU fans have died & ordering from China is difficult & very expensive.

Every GPU has a temperature sensor. So you can attach fans to the heatsink on the GPU. Then using a PWM splitter, connect the 2 or 3 fans of the GPU to a single fan header on mobo. In Gigabyte Z699 BIOS, they let you control a fan speed based on various temp sensors present on your setup like processor, VRM, custom sensors etc. So you can map that header to the sensor of the GPU in there. I don't know if this is a feature available in other brands and chipsets but worth a shot if it is.

Oh, I see. Well good luck then.

Alternatively I think adding a fan controller and controlling them based on GPU temp might work.

Here's the below link for your reference. You may search it in PC repair center or PC store , it may be there, It should be GPU 4pins connector ( small size than PWM fan connector)

Yellow mark of GPU PWM on attached image. Hope you know how to dismantle it or technician may help if you find.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-09 145842.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-05-09 145842.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Here's the below link for your reference. You may search it in PC repair center or PC store , it may be there, It should be GPU 4pins connector ( small size than PWM fan connector)

Yellow mark of GPU PWM on attached image. Hope you know how to dismantle it or technician may help if you find.
Thank you. I saw the cable on amazon. This is a splitter. I need the cable which splices the signals other way around. I will try to clobber something together.

Back