Market Section - Product Pricing n Discussions [NO Price checks]

I simply don't understand why calling out someone publicly is wrong. I called him out publicly for the absurd pricing and I have nothing against OP. I would've done the same for any such thread and I would continue to do so in pubic posts. I do it so that newbies will learn and not fall for such absurd pricing.

I or anyone else have no problem with you pointing out the absurdity of the pricing publicly. And I never said that as well. What, I and others who pointed this out, have a problem with, is your comment not being polite or respectful. Like I said, the first para of your post was enough to get your point across. I would like to say again, nothing wrong in calling out absurd pricing but with politeness and respect.

guys there is a us purchased iphone se 128 for sale in market section unactivated & sealed .. is warranty applicable in india ? also warranty starts from the day the phone was activated right. the owner has purchased in may 2020

I have a question which I wanted to ask and don't know if this is right place or not as this is all about selling stuff.
If a person wants to genuinely sell a component on forum we / she bought as bundle in entire build. either CPU / ram / GPU or cooler, how should the bill listing shall be done? also when the item is sold, should a Xerox copy be send ? they are still using other items bought which are in warranty.

I have no experience in buying or selling here so asking.

I have a question which I wanted to ask and don't know if this is right place or not as this is all about selling stuff.
If a person wants to genuinely sell a component on forum we / she bought as bundle in entire build. either CPU / ram / GPU or cooler, how should the bill listing shall be done? also when the item is sold, should a Xerox copy be send ? they are still using other items bought which are in warranty.

I have no experience in buying or selling here so asking.

Had asked this a few weeks ago and got the response that only a Xerox should be given

Just when I thought I finally got some sellers interested in selling me the components which I'm looking for...
Has TE been invaded?? :hilarious:

Attachments

• te texas invasion download.png
    te texas invasion download.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 164
  • te texas guy.png
    te texas guy.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 156
  • te texas guy 2.png
    te texas guy 2.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 172
Can you please make it a rule that sellers absolutely MUST NOT delete the "expected price" info just because the product got sold? For transparency's sake.

@Crazy_Eddy My sell thread Just got locked. How do I update my listing . Can you guys help me to solve the problem

See market rules thread and pics requirement

@puns @Renegade

When a asking price of seller is agreed by the buyer, Seller has promised to hold the item for the buyer. Buyer asks for some information about the product, seller delays. In the mean time if a seller get better offer.​

What is the rule
Should the seller be selling the product to the first buyer for the deal agreed
or
Seller may sell the product for any better offers

Last edited:

@puns @Renegade

When a asking price of seller is agreed by the buyer, Seller has promised to hold the item for the buyer. Buyer asks for some information about the product, seller delays. In the mean time if a seller get better offer.​

What is the rule
Should the seller be selling the product to the first buyer for the deal agreed
or
Seller may sell the product for any better offers
Obviously for any better offers.. he has that flexibility.
What if you keep him on hold for days and the sellers loses on a good deal??

@nRiTeCh

The delay was from seller side, as he couldn't provide the information and ask to wait and the buyer waited patiently !
It's the sellers prerogative. TE administration doesn't interfere in issues like these which are based on how ethical the seller is. We hope that such behaviour is not shown by sellers but there is no rule or procedure to stop them from doing such a thing.

for sales thread in question @Slayer88 just a kind suggestion, here 4790k's have been sold for as low as 5k and you're seriously expecting 12k for this 3770, yesterday while suggesting you a generous market price I thought you priced it by mistake and would make necessary changes but you reduced the price slightly and confirming that you priced it intentionally, adding to this you did price rest of the other items in there decently according to market/condition/warranty/etc

P.S. I would be more than amazed if this CPU actually got sold for a price any closer to what you've mentioned!

^^^^ this is the shit i am talking about ,there are certain set of people who buy things at shit prices add their commission and resale it just because they are reputed well known ,somebody asking 18 k for a 1070 are you kidding me ,1080ti with pricing above 20-21 is utter non-sense.

Here what happens they pull off this stunt initially and other guys imitate it (the ones who want to upgrade from gtx 1070 or so to 30 series) and would end up not selling it ,or devaluing it further where the seller as well as potential buyer loose out.

^^^^ this is the shit i am talking about ,there are certain set of people who buy things at shit prices add their commission and resale it just because they are reputed well known ,somebody asking 18 k for a 1070 are you kidding me ,1080ti with pricing above 20-21 is utter non-sense.

Here what happens they pull off this stunt initially and other guys imitate it (the ones who want to upgrade from gtx 1070 or so to 30 series) and would end up not selling it ,or devaluing it further where the seller as well as potential buyer loose out.
Dude you need to calm down. Everyone has the right to price their items at whatever price they want to. No need to bully them to reduce prices to what you think is fair or is the going market rate. The market will do it itself and the seller will be forced to reduce price when he sees that there are no takers for their listed price. That's how a free market functions and I hope you don't want to remove this freedom of forum members.

Even for you similar previous post, another member said the same thing to you when you wanted to regulate prices for 10 series cards.

Guys my belief is that say a gpu is $200 (14,600) , by the time 18% GST is applied it should be 17,228. However these $200 cards go for more like 20-23k. How do you feel about this? if my calculations are wrong I just want to learn. Let me know please.

Entire GPU market is retarded atm, you should check prices of new 580s or 1660 supers on newegg.

Guys my belief is that say a gpu is $200 (14,600) , by the time 18% GST is applied it should be 17,228. However these $200 cards go for more like 20-23k. How do you feel about this? if my calculations are wrong I just want to learn. Let me know please.

There's 18% of import duty too so it's more like 36% total.

Last edited:
Back