Feedback on elcytec.com

VasanthK

Recruit
I had the same question. Then I read online on a few comments that they were a fraud company posting ads all over OLX for graphics cards. The website seems suspicious to me. For so low prices, they must be popular, if they sold genuinely. I checked their facebook page too. On their posts, the comments are always "Fake. Fake website".

I can confirm this website is a fraud. I came across them on OLX and their site looked legit but the prices of GPUs were raising red flags for me.
They were, very generously, offering Cash on Delivery but the caveat being I have to pay 500 bucks for "handling charges" and the rest I can pay on delivery! This was the first time I encountered a scam where they were not looking for a huge sum of money to order the product.
My doubts further rose when they charge this "handling charge" per item in the order. I was willing to order 1 GPU at that price even though I was 99% sure this is going to be a scam but the risk to reward was just 500 bucks loss versus getting a GPU at half the market price.
I ended up taking the wager which, of course, failed in the end.
It has been 2 months since I placed the order and I haven't received a single communication from them of course.
And their address and phone numbers all look dodgy to me. The phone number doesn't even exist.

So yes, please don't get duped by this.

P.S. Attached proof of the order.

Last edited by a moderator:
@amitlath Thanks man! Totally forgot! I am new to the sub and don't see an intuitive way to edit my message.
Do you know how to?
I see an option to edit this message and I did here also but not the one with the attachment.
If any admin/mod is reading this, please help out.
@vyral_143 Sorry to bug you but I interacted with you recently on a thread and know you are a staff member.
Can you please help me remove/edit the attachment in my previous post in this thread:

Would be really grateful! Sorry for tagging you here but as the screenshot has my personal details (forgot to redact), I got a bit worried.

Last edited:

vyral_143

Jarvis
Staff member
Super Mod
@amitlath Thanks man! Totally forgot! I am new to the sub and don't see an intuitive way to edit my message.
Do you know how to?
I see an option to edit this message and I did here also but not the one with the attachment.
If any admin/mod is reading this, please help out.
@vyral_143 Sorry to bug you but I interacted with you recently on a thread and know you are a staff member.
Can you please help me remove/edit the attachment in my previous post in this thread:

Would be really grateful! Sorry for tagging you here but as the screenshot has my personal details (forgot to redact), I got a bit worried.

Done !